Books

Speaking of books, I'm still moving shit into my new house and went through some boxes last night, and found my Run to the Hills books. My 1st edition is in a bit of a shamble but my 3rd edition is in great shape. I kinda want a second edition just to complete my collection of "nerdy band books no one but me and forum people has read".

Same thing with mine. First edition is coming apart, third in great shape... Thought of getting the second edition also but not so sure anymore. I have read the book at least 3 times and it is impressive how many "inaccuracies" it has.

I read it once entirely and individual parts repeatedly over time.
It's a book written by a music journalist commissioned by the band the book is about. The standards in terms of accuracy and criticism are not particularly high in this sort of thing. As such, it's not great and not terrible. 3.6.

I read it once entirely and individual parts repeatedly over time.
It's a book written by a music journalist commissioned by the band the book is about. The standards in terms of accuracy and criticism are not particularly high in this sort of thing. As such, it's not great and not terrible. 3.6.

The 1st edition was particularly pathetic, with Mick Wall drooling over Virtual XI licking Steve’s arse. I once confronted him about this online after he had fallen out with Rod and he ignored my question. :lol:

Your book is fantastic

Thank you very, very much mate! You seem to have done your research also so as you can imagine, if you need any help, well I'm more than willing to lend you a hand. Although the book is finished, I keep doing my research and the things one can keep finding out are always mind boggling!

Talking about books here…What Maiden books you have and which of them is your favourite? Text books and photo books.
  • Run to the Hills Oficial Biography by Mick Wall (1st & 3rd editions)
  • Running Free by Gary Bushell (2nd edition)
  • What are we doing this for - A Photographic History by Ross Halfin (1st edition)
  • Iron Maiden. The Photographs by Ross Halfin
  • Flight 666 On Board by John McMurtrie
  • Run For Cover. The Art of Derek Riggs
  • Iron Maiden. The First Five Years by Robert Ellis (thx to @GhostofCain who recommended me. It was very very expensive but you were right, It's phenomenal!)
My favourite is What are we doing this for by Ross Halfin. The reason why is because it was very difficult to find in the analogic era trough import vinyl and specialized books and the photographs are superbs. It's like a continuation of Live After Death visual stuff

Last edited:
I would chose Flight 666 ('cause I'm in it - look in Bogota) because is really nice and Run For Cover (awesome!). Also I used to enjoy Running Free

Just getting started on Luisma's book, I've made it as far as Phantom, and wow! the scope is amazing. Anyone who has any interest on the trivia and forgotten info of Maiden should be all over this book.

Just getting started on Luisma's book, I've made it as far as Phantom, and wow! the scope is amazing. Anyone who has any interest on the trivia and forgotten info of Maiden should be all over this book.

I'm really glad you have enjoyed it so far mate! You still have a loooooongg way to go so I'm sure you'll learn loads and loads of stuff.

If someone wants to learn more about the book, just go in here https://www.subscribepage.com/luisma666

Ohhhh and in 2020 you might here about the book in a famous podcast from a friend in this forum 'cause this is what that some one had to say about it.

"This exhaustively researched book is the new ultimate album resource for die hard Iron maiden fans." - Nesbit, host of Talking Maiden : the Podcast of the Beast

Last edited:
Great stuff, I never knew there was a different mix of Women in Uniform on the 2014 7 inch! Looking forward to giving it a listen.

Also, the way you consider, for example, the vinyl version of Where Eagles Dare on a Real Dead One different to the CD version because you can hear a bit more of Bruce talking because it's the end of side 1 of the vinyl but on the CD they just start Sanctuary is exactly the level of detail I want from a Maiden book!

Last edited:
Great stuff, I never knew there was a different mix of Women in Uniform on the 2014 7 inch! Looking forward to giving it a listen.

Also, the way you consider, for example, the vinyl version of Where Eagles Dare on a Real Dead One different to the CD version because you can hear a bit more of Bruce talking because it's the end of side 1 of the vinyl but on the CD they just start Sanctuary is exactly the level of detail I want from a Maiden book!

I'm really excited that you love the amount of details I have put into the book. Is being a very, very long process to make this book something interesting to every fan out there.

About WIU that was one of the last things added to the book as I became aware of the version just by chance and while talking with another mate who is also doing a similar book to mine but only with singles.

All in all thanks for the support and I really love that you love the work I have done!

All in all thanks for the support and I really love that you love the work I have done!

I'm currently going through my Maiden collection* to make sure I have everything ripped and dated correctly and this book will be an invaluable help.

*which is why I often post enthusiastically in this thread,, https://forum.maidenfans.com/thread...verview-of-their-“live-history”.16270/page-14, when I think I've discovered something :lol: It's usually something I had already known and forgotten about or just plain wrong:lol:

I've got a decent few, most I've read at one point, others I haven't gotten around to.

Running Free - Gary Bushnell
What Are We Doing Here? A Photographic History
Iron Maiden - Ross Halfin (photography)
Iron Maiden: The Ultimate Illustrated History of the Beast
2 Minutes to Midnight: An Iron Maiden Day-By-Day - Martin Popoff
On Board Flight 666 - John McMurtrie
Run to the Hills - Mick Wall (1st & 3rd editions)
Killers: The Origins of Miron Maiden 1975-1983 - Neil Daniels
Infinite Dreams - Dave Bowler & Bryan Dray
30 Years of the Beast - Paul Stenning
In the Studio - Jake Brown
Collectibles - Marco Gamba & Nicola Visintini
The Beast - Paul Di'Anno
Bruce Dickinson: Maiden Voyage - Joe Shooman
At the End of the Day: The Story of the Blaze Bayley Band - Lawrence Paterson
What Does This Button Do? - Bruce Dickinson (audiobook)

Saw one that came out in November that I'm really interested in. Holy Smoke: Maiden in the '90s, which is by Martin Popoff. That's when I became a fan, and with all the Blaze/Bruce solo drama that was swirling at the time, that's the most interesting period in Maiden history for me, at least, so really looking forward to nabbing that one.

I had 'Collectibles' (I think it was 2 books or so) and it was awesome! and I remember see 'Infinite Dreams' announced somewhere, maybe the fan club?

Back