Judas Priest

The very beginning sounds a bit like "Run of the Mill" (Rocka Rolla)...

Indeed sounds like ''Run Of The Mill'' :ok:

Do you recognize other songs (besides the ones that I already wrote in my post above)? In the comments, some fans says that they hear/recognize ''Battle Cry and ''Bloodstone''.... I can't recognize them though...

Speaking about rehearsals for the 50th Anniversary tour, before the 3rd NA leg this year (when they completely changed the setlist), Richie pointed out in a interview some songs that he wants to play live (check them here) - it's curious that some of them were played in this 3rd NA leg (Hot Rockin', Judas Rising, The Sentinel, All Guns Blazing).

The only two songs that are still not played live with him (from his selections) are ''Rocka Rolla'' and ''Ram It Down''. He said that they rehearsed ''Rocka Rolla'' for the latest tour and he really wants to try that song live./ I think they will play a song from their debut album for the tour next year. And it seems ''Rocka Rolla'' has a big chance (and probably ''Never Satisfied'' too, because it was played live in 2012).

Was Ram it Down the one that had the cover of Johnny Bumble Bee Good on it? I liked that cover of that song that they did on that album.
The album Ram It Down, does include the cover of Johnny B Good.

Think the song, Ram It Down is fantastic, would definitely love to hear that at a live gig, the guitar solos on the recorded version are ace. The rest of the album I find pretty disappointing, other than the title track, only Blood Red Skies, for me, is any good.

Hard as Iron kicks ass too. Ram It Down and Turbo are a bit of guilty pleasures for me, I like most of the songs on both albums.

''Ram It Down'' would be killer live. Brutally good solos on it. Awesome song, very fast./ It's like ''Painkiller'' for the 80's. (''Exciter'' is ''Painkiller'' for the 70's and for the 2000's is ''Firepower'' or ''Hellrider'').

Other good songs on Ram It Down (besides the title track) are: Blood Red Skies, Hard As Iron...., I'm A Rocker and Come And Get It are not bad too.

Last edited:
Angel of Retribution is pretty good but far from their best in my opinion. Angel, Hellrider, Deal With the Devil and Judas Rising are awesome. The rest of it isn't so great.
I agree with you that it's their best album and that all the songs are amazing and I just love it to pieces. I think that one and Screaming for Vengeance are my favorite Judas Priest albums.

KK is back with Les Binks, Tim Ripper Owens and David Ellefson. :edmetal:
Blabbermouth News Link

Set List:
The setlist was as follows:

01. Riding On The Wind
02. The Green Manalishi (With The Two-Pronged Clown)
03. Hell Is Home
04. Running Wild

05. Beyond The Realms of Death
06. Exciter
07. Metal Gods
08. Burn In Hell
09. Before The Dawn
10. Between The Hammer And The Anvil
11. Hell Bent For Leather
12. Living After Midnight

Encores:

13. Take On The World (with Thom Hazaert)
14. Breaking The Law (with Thom Hazaert)

Back