Judas Priest

Blabbermouth:
Ozzy's personal doctor will replace Lord of darkness and bat eater in European tour 2020
Rob Halford Xmas Carol song is not funny anymore.

Blabbermouth:
Rob Halford has entered in the studio to record one bonus song called: SHIIIIIIIIIT!!! for the next album with family and friends

I have a question: British Steel was the album that brought the big success for Priest (like TNOTB album for Maiden), but if Priest had any decent success before that ? I think Killing Machine was also a commercial success for them (not as big as British Steel, though)..... and Sad Wings Of Destiny - it is regarded as one of the best Priest albums (and I think it's also Rob's favorite album). Stained Class is also considered one of their best./ The debut album, Rocka Rolla was a failure. But what about Sin After Sin ?

Sin After Sin charted at number 23 in the UK album charts, Stained Class was 27 and Killing Machine 32. While the song, Take on the World, from Killing Machine made it to number 14 in the singles charts. So they were known and having a modicum of success, then Unleashed in the East made number 10 in the charts. So their popularity was on the way up, to the point that British Steel was able to breakthrough for them getting up to number 4 in the album charts, coupled with Breakin the Law & Living After Midnight both hitting number 12.

After that, in the UK, they quickly regressed album sales wise, Point of Entry (14), Screaming for Vengeance (11), Defenders of the Faith (19) & Turbo (33). Though at this point they were doing much better business in the US and concentrating their efforts there.

I'd love for Priest to announce US dates for the 50th Anniversary run. Priest was the best show I saw this year I've decided (even beating out Maiden for me by an inch).

I'd love for Priest to announce US dates for the 50th Anniversary run. Priest was the best show I saw this year I've decided (even beating out Maiden for me by an inch).
While I disagree on them being the best show of the year (2019 was amazing concert wise) I too hope they announce some NA shows since it would be absolutely amazing to see them again so soon!

Meanwhile, Priest are nominated again for the RRHOF (second consistent year) and Rob is thrilled. It seems it's very important for him to be included there....

He also said that it will be quite difficult for them to top the Firepower album.

Right on. For me, Priest was the best show I've seen this year too, Maiden a close second. They were even better than on the first and second leg last year.

Yes, something about seeing The Sentinel, Heading Out to the Highway, and Victim of Changes live finally was a very pure and very magical heavy metal moment for me. You could feel it in the air. Everyone knew they were seeing something special (especially during The Sentinel).

Yes, something about seeing The Sentinel, Heading Out to the Highway, and Victim of Changes live finally was a very pure and very magical heavy metal moment for me. You could feel it in the air. Everyone knew they were seeing something special (especially during The Sentinel).

Also, Out in the Cold, Take These Chains, All Guns Blazing
Last year: Sinner, Bloodstone,Running Wild, Saints in Hell, Freewheel Burning.

Priest has so many great songs that there were no "weak songs" on any of the setlists.

Can't wait to hear Reckless and Rock Hard Ride Free on the 50 year anniversary tour. Those two songs are one of Richie's favorites, it's very likely they will play them.

Last edited:
It's no surprise at this point - the band seems to unanimously want to play deeper cuts on the 50th anniversary trek. I don't really know how the band defines 'deep cuts' but I still really want to see the bigger stuff like Electric Eye and Turbo Lover live finally. It would be cool if they did the big name 80's stuff, some of that good 70's material (Sinner, Dissident Aggressor, White Heat Red Hot, Beyond the Realms of Death, Diamonds and Rust would all be ideal), and Battle Hymn/One Shot At Glory. Now that would be a perfect night for me.

It's no surprise at this point - the band seems to unanimously want to play deeper cuts on the 50th anniversary trek. I don't really know how the band defines 'deep cuts' but I still really want to see the bigger stuff like Electric Eye and Turbo Lover live finally. It would be cool if they did the big name 80's stuff, some of that good 70's material (Sinner, Dissident Aggressor, White Heat Red Hot, Beyond the Realms of Death, Diamonds and Rust would all be ideal), and Battle Hymn/One Shot At Glory. Now that would be a perfect night for me.

Rob promises ''some really big surprises'' for 50th Anniversary tour.

"I've been feverishly working over the last few weeks and months with our stage designers to make something very, very special. We're gonna go deep, deep, deep into the catalogue and try to find songs that we've never played before and wrap it up into the history of Priest and the 50th anniversary. The official Priest 50th spectacular starts next year. So it's gonna be a great show. We've got some really big surprises and it's gonna be a wonderful celebration of Priest and British heavy metal''.

Back