LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw the show in Pittsburgh on Saturday and of the shows I've seen this year (Bristow and Philly) this was by far the best performance. Just amazing on all levels.

The Pittsburg show was fantastic.
I was a bit bummed or maybe surprised by the crowd- specifically on the floor.

I need to preface this with, this is not an ageist thing.

BUT- I was really surprised at the lack of crowd enthusiasm. I got quite a few of dirty looks for singing (well, shouting- I cant sing) along with the songs. I was pushed a few times and told to 'take it over there, move away' for simply hopping up and down during FoTD. The fella was a bit overly zealous in protecting his wife's feet- she was wearing sandals I guess. (Sandals?!) And more dirty looks for pumping my fists and loudly singing the melody parts during Trooper, FoTD etc. It was just really a bummer. I am not there to keep other paying fans from enjoying the concert, but I think there are some things to keep in mind when buying general admission floor tickets for a heavy metal concert. If you want the usual sphere of personal space, buy a seat ticket. Dont wear sandals. Dont get pissed when you get bumped into and you spill your mixed drink.

I know Maiden has been around for a long time- and it was great to talking a few people who havent seen them 'since the 80's'. But this isnt fucking Perry Como.

The band was great, they sounded great. Bruce seemed in good spirits with a promise of new music / tour, and it was a sold out show.
I was just really surprised by the crowd enthusiasm.

Just like the people who stand right next to mosh pits then get annoyed when they get hit. If you don't like them, just move a few metres away.
I always end up on the edge of the mosh pit, but I don't mind. As a big guy I'm a logical barrier and I help keep them where they need to be, moshing, and I have pulled a few people out when they get too badly beat up. But yeah, if you don't like the pit, step away.

I feel you. It seems to be the way with most US audiences now it seems, they really don't get into it anymore. They just chill. Even though I'm 54 and can't headbang like I used to I would have no problem if you were standing next to me. It doesn't mean I'm enjoying it any less, either.

For what it's worth, the folks in my section (102) were going apeshit the whole night, probably the most fun crowd I've experienced at a Maiden show in a long time. You could tell lots of folks had been waiting years (I don't believe Maiden has played Pittsburgh since 2010) to see them again. Such a great night.

I love Maiden shows to death but GA, to me, unless it's a small amphitheater is never worth it. Just too many assholes with not enough payoff.

For what it's worth, the folks in my section (102) were going apeshit the whole night, probably the most fun crowd I've experienced at a Maiden show in a long time.

I usually get seats- but I thought 'I want to rock out, better head down' and went for it.

I love Maiden shows to death but GA, to me, unless it's a small amphitheater is never worth it. Just too many assholes with not enough payoff.

The 'arms crossed, dont stand too close, btw you're too loud' assholes?

Roughly what time does Maiden take the stage? How long is the gap between RA set and Maiden. Going to Chicago and may skip RA.

They started at 9pm (or very shortly after) in Pittsburgh. Not sure what the break was between RA- I lightly watched a few of their songs, then went and got a beer and went pee.

Unless you have other obligations, I say get there and mill around to chat, enjoy the spectacle of it all.

My friends and I are in our seats, ready for their first Maiden show and my second from this tour. The only thing in our way is the raven age.

It also looks like they curtained off the nosebleeds, so I guess they closed all those off and moved people.

Attachments

• 68377948-2A26-456A-9389-7D1FA8B0B4F5.jpeg
    68377948-2A26-456A-9389-7D1FA8B0B4F5.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 27
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back