NOW PLAYING

That's a good closer.

Just listened to it for the first time a few days ago. I was moderately impressed. The vocals of one Robert Lowe were just a tad too clean for me. They didn't do much for me. I think I prefer Death Magic Doom to it. That being said, there's only 4 Candlemass releases beyond Nightfall that I've listened to: Tales of Creation, Grey Islands, Death Magic Doom, and the Death Thy Lover EP. I've been meaning to get more into them but I've had so much on my plate that they've always just got pushed to the back burner. I think Nightfall is my favorite but its interested to hear that a Candlemass fan, yourself (I assume), considers this to be a great album. I should go back and re-listen to it.

NP: LA Guns - Never Enough
Ah, you see, I strongly doubt true Candlemass fans would recognize me as one of their own, me being no huge admirer of Marcolin's singing.
I absolutely love Epicus Doomicus Metallicus, and Johan Längqvist's performance, my favourite album by them easily. Maybe one of the reasons I liked King Of The Grey Islands so much is that it somehow reminded me of EDM - and having a version of "At The Gallows End" (one of my favourites on Nightfall, and I hadn't heard the one with Längqvist yet) without Messiah Marcolin was a further reason to like it for sure.
Dunno, you see how different opinions are on Maiden albums here, I guess it would be the same with Candlemass. In any case I'd suggest before you re-listen King Of The Grey Islands, give Epicus Doomicus Metallicus a spin.

Last edited:
I already listen to EDM quite a bit, interesting to hear youre not a fan of Marcolin. I'll give Grey Islands another listen soon

Black Sabbath - Children of the Sea. I've been getting into 'Heaven and Hell' a lot more lately. I quite like it, there is something about the vibe of it that I really like. I find it very minimalist, but it works for the record.

Back