LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised nobody mentioned Bruce going off meter quite a lot during the VA show - I can't recall seeing him do that much before.

Show was great as always. From where I was FTGGOG kinda killed the momentum a bit and it doesn't help that there's no real stage bells and whistles during that tune (like there with, say, Sign of the Cross) but I thought they nailed it.

I realized, more afterwards than before, that I really prefer Maiden album tours to the hits ones. These kind of shows are all sorts of fun don't get me wrong but they feel totally different to me. Hurry up with the album and that tour please.

Bruce broke his Achilles’ tendon fencing in April. The fact he is performing so soon after surgery is remarkable in itself.
Are we really sure it's this injury? Achilles injuries make NFL and NBA players miss entire seasons. Kevin Durant ruptured his in the NBA finals this year and they say he won't be able to play until the 2020 season.

Are we really sure it's this injury? Achilles injuries make NFL and NBA players miss entire seasons. Kevin Durant ruptured his in the NBA finals this year and they say he won't be able to play until the 2020 season.
Playing at a competitive level in the top sports league for the sport is different than singing on stage. You can do things to adjust to mobility issues on stage. You can do that while playing basketball too but chances are you won't keep up in the NBA.

At the Bristow show it seemed to me that the crowd popped the most for Two Minutes to Midnight, The Trooper, Fear of the Dark, Hallowed Be Thy Name, and Run To the Hills - the biggest classic "hits". We snobby forum fans may get sick of hearing these songs (and The Number of the Beast and Iron Maiden), but it's clear this is what most fans want.

It's good to go to a show and be reminded that we are not really the fanbase. We're just Maiden nerds and fanboys. (Not that there's anything wrong with that..)

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Bruce going off meter quite a lot during the VA show - I can't recall seeing him do that much before.

Bruce was out of tempo on the first verse of Fear of the Dark and in another song that I can't remember. But his voice is a little better than on TBOS tour.

During TETMD, Bruce looks like almost the same like Raising Hell Bruce. Awesome! :cool:

Imo it's much better than his performance last year, because he was REALLY struggling on TETMD. At least now he is not "trying" to hit the high notes. Sounds better than struggling.

From all the video footage ive seen increasingly by the day, there's no backup vocals on any tune other than RTTH.
(Ex-musician here with ear for detail)

...Icarus, Midnight, Wicker ALL have simple low harmonies that Steve or Adrian should be able to nail live after all these years...

Trust me, it's not too late!

I actually had this very same thought. Hopefully, he'll walk out of there and start pestering me for my Maiden cds.

I didn't have the ticket to give him on Christmas, so I printed out a seating chart, put a small Eddie photo where the stage would and a small photo of us where we'll be sitting.

Then I reduced it to fit a cd case, burned a cd of the Legacy set list, handed it to him and said, " You need to listen to this."

The other day, I told him, "Joe, I know you've been to plenty of concerts. All stepping stones. You are about to reach the mountain top, my boy."

The part I'm most excited for him is the fact that I got nearly center stage seats in the 100 level seat so he can see the full show straight on.

Another thing I'm looking forward to: I've never said a single word to him about walk on Eddie. I'm just gonna to watch his reaction.

*EDIT* Yea, during the WM solo, you can see Bruce grabbing some tissues and clearing out his sinuses.

Last edited:
Playing at a competitive level in the top sports league for the sport is different than singing on stage. You can do things to adjust to mobility issues on stage. You can do that while playing basketball too but chances are you won't keep up in the NBA.
He's not jumping around like he normally does but still he's moving around pretty damn well if he had surgery just a few months ago....but then this is Bruce Dickinson we are talking about....:)

I think I need to revisit some recordings from all the past tours and see how I feel about Bruce's improvement, especially in the last 6 years or so.
Last year, I saw 2 shows and he was just awesome, felt definitely better in years (I can't think too many singers of his age still sounding so good)..and it was evident in what shape the voice was on the last couple tours (BOS and Maiden England especially), but the more surprising this has been how well he's doing when you think of the rought spot of his voice after the lenghty World Slavery tour was when he didn't let it recover and relax enough, which caused numerous problems the next tours (Somewhere On Tour and Seventh Tour Of A Seventh Tour). Those 2 tours were unfornately very problematic and Bruce was so ill during those days.

By the way, has anybody done good comparison videos of Bruce performances and also the change in the voice?
If I ever have any possibility to meet Bruce in private, I would surely ask him more about the voice and how he has found great way to take care of it.

I realized, more afterwards than before, that I really prefer Maiden album tours to the hits ones. These kind of shows are all sorts of fun don't get me wrong but they feel totally different to me. Hurry up with the album and that tour please.

I too have found the album supporting tours better. It's fresh, usually includes a deep cut or 2 and so on... This tour has a phenomenal set list but it seemed overkill for them at their age for all of these songs together after hearing them in person. I loved it but Bruce sounded worn out a bit. I will admit I walked out after the rarities were played. Just heard the other tracks too many times....

This is an interview with Janick before the start of the tour. Here is the part that interested us the most:

"We will take a break at the end of this series of concerts that will end on October 15, in Santiago, Chile. We will then meet and discuss the next steps. We may be doing another series of concerts with this tour. We do not know yet. We are six in Iron Maiden and we must all get along. We do not too much, either, to reveal in advance what we are going to do. There are all kinds of possibilities.''

First Steve said this kind of thing and now Janick.... it seems LOTB tour 3rd leg is on the way.... :mad:

The interview is in French, so if anybody speaks French can confirm/translate this part.

Could the possible leg 3 include 1 new song from the upcoming album (similar to teasing of WD on 2003 Give Me Ed... 'Til I'm Dead Tour or TE on 2010 part of the tour The Final Frontier World Tour), but thinking of the overall theme of this tour they probably won't be doing that thing.
I would just hope that there will be new album and new tour instead as soon as possible.

Last edited:
I just suppose the third leg of this phenomenal tour is assured. Mainly Europeans festivals/stadium some arenas. If band could play even one promo song from forthcoming studio 17th opus - all makes sense at the end of the day. I hope they'll visit Poland and Czech/Slovakia once again.

Fuck 3rd leg of LOTB tour. I want new music as this is what keeps the band relevant and fresh. Yeah, it's fine to revisit the past from time to time, but too much of it kills the excitement (as did ME 2014, but there was a reason behind it, I just don't see one for another leg of LOTB, as the new album is probably already recorded).

This might be selfish, but I want as much new music from Maiden until they call it a day as possible. LOTB part 3 is a wasted year (No pun intended).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back