Rant Thread

You think thats bad?
Easter Bank Holiday Friday in Belfast; bars dont open til 5pm and they close at 11pm.
This country disgusts me.
:eek:

You'd think that a bank holiday would be the perfect day to have the bars open during the afternoon. Especially with this unprecedented sunny weather!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...788f5c-62b4-11e9-bf24-db4b9fb62aa2_story.html

TwoRcOk.gif

The new company website is god-awful and slowly everyone has realized it. We can't work in it in this form. It's just missing too much stuff and it's complicated to use for both us and the clients. And I'm supposed to report it to the boss at the meeting tomorrow...

The new company website is god-awful and slowly everyone has realized it. We can't work in it in this form. It's just missing too much stuff and it's complicated to use for both us and the clients. And I'm supposed to report it to the boss at the meeting tomorrow...
Sugar coat it? It's not everything you hoped for and you have some great ideas for how to take things forward?

Meanwhile, I'm having serious thoughts about leaving my job. As in just quitting without having anything else lined up. It hasn't got any easier since I started earlier this year and the workload is just OTT and beyond my abilities without proper training, which is seriously depressing.

you have some great ideas for how to take things forward?
It's not as easy as that. Some stuff I'd implement just isn't possible with the current software. I went in with million suggestions and it's rare that something can be done. The bigger problem is that down the line I'm supposed to take care of the website... I'm not trained for that. My computer prowess is mostly just me trying gazillion things and figuring it out all by myself.

Meanwhile, I'm having serious thoughts about leaving my job. As in just quitting without having anything else lined up. It hasn't got any easier since I started earlier this year and the workload is just OTT and beyond my abilities without proper training, which is seriously depressing.
Shame :(

I'm joining the band @Brigantium.

The boss has lost his goddamned mind this week, shouting and humiliating everyone in person and over the phone. I don't have much patience for this shit. I don't have to tolerate him. I can find another job, and I don't have a family that depends on my salary. If this shit continues, I've devised 3 options:
1) Quit. Go to China to join a friend of mine in teaching English, where I'd earn much more money and less stress.
2) Quit. Find a new job unrelated to this one.
3) Quit. Do the same job, but start my own agency because I have the knowledge and why not keep using it. Do things my own, better way.
4) Tell him that I won't tolerate his shouting anymore, which will probably lead me to 3 previous options :p

The boss has lost his goddamned mind this week, shouting and humiliating everyone in person and over the phone. I don't have much patience for this shit. I don't have to tolerate him. I can find another job, and I don't have a family that depends on my salary. If this shit continues, I've devised 3 options:
1) Quit. Go to China to join a friend of mine in teaching English, where I'd earn much more money and less stress.
3) Quit. Do the same job, but start my own agency because I have the knowledge and why not keep using it. Do things my own, better way.
4) Tell him that I won't tolerate his shouting anymore, which will probably lead me to 3 previous options :p
I don't think you'd like Chinese food.
Apart from that, jebi njega.:ok:

I think teaching English to Chinese has potential for a lot of stress ...

Quit. You're in a position to try new things and experiment with different jobs. You wouldn't have so many options in 10 years, so you may have to put up with a lot more crap then.
At your age, you shouldn't have to tolerate idiots in the office. Also,

5) Quit. Move to Bulgaria.

Wait for his next shouting fit, shout back "I quit!" and go home.

I was thinking that the next time he yells over the phone, tell him "call me when you clam down" then hang up.

Back