Iron Maiden - artworks with Eddie

As @The_7th_one said, it was originally drawn for a Metal Hammer cover, then reprised for one version of "BYDTTS".
Source: http://web.archive.org/web/20130905....com/riggsart/Pages/maiden.dir/11beast04.html

It wasn't used for BYDTTS, here's a pic of all versions

tnBringYourDaughterToTheSlaughter.jpg

As @The_7th_one said, it was originally drawn for a Metal Hammer cover, then reprised for one version of "BYDTTS".
Source: http://web.archive.org/web/20130905....com/riggsart/Pages/maiden.dir/11beast04.html
Full gallery: http://web.archive.org/web/20110429103332/http://www.derekriggs.com/
PS @Kalata Great bootleg, isn't it? ;)

I've found it was also used for NPFTD CD 1998 reissue booklet - https://www.discogs.com/Iron-Maiden-No-Prayer-For-The-Dying/release/369472

The judge Eddie is also there.... see below. I think he is from a Kerrang cover.

And yeah, it's a great sounding bootleg. ;) Maybe better than ARLDO live album.

Attachments

• je-fty.jpg
    je-fty.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Discussing about the reaper…(maybe I have to read the Derek's book) Anyone knows why the reaper figure appears in almost every Maiden album cover or single and what happened with this figure?
I think the last time where it appears is on The Angel and the gambler single cover.

Discussing about the reaper…(maybe I have to read the Derek's book) Anyone knows why the reaper figure appears in almost every Maiden album cover or single and what happened with this figure?
I think the last time where it appears is on The Angel and the gambler single cover.

I have no idea, but the reaper and the black cat are repetitive figures in Derek's work.

If someone wants a alternative DOD album cover, you can use this one (done by Derek Riggs) in any time. :p

Although I don't know for what specific thing this cover was created ?

+ another artwork from Riggs - a devilish shelf with Maiden albums (up to VXI) in a book format. Any idea for what it was created?

Attachments

• grim reaper eddie.jpg
    grim reaper eddie.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 48
  • books of Maiden.jpg
    books of Maiden.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 51
If someone wants a alternative DOD album cover, you can use this one (done by Derek Riggs) in any time. :p

Although I don't know for what specific thing this cover was created ?

+ another artwork from Riggs - a devilish shelf with Maiden albums (up to VXI) in a book format. Any idea for what it was created?

They're both pretty lame, to be honest... :D Not that an actual DOD cover is much better, but at least the Eddie and his pose manages to look somewhat appropriate. That shelf is just another poor example of the Not-so-successful Digital Adventures of Derek Riggs.

Last edited:
Sorry to bring this one back, but are you sure about that?

Yes.

I don't have evidence unfortunately but I remember it from the time.. There was an advertisement in Kerrang published for the Futureal single, there was to be 2 CDs and a seven inch picture disc which had the Pyramid Eddie on it. For some reason the release was then scrapped, and only became available as a 1 CD release that could only be ordered from the fan club.

Does anyone have a good quality image from Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg background that Maiden used on 2010 (b4 TFF world tour)?

I remember seeing amazing pictures of that background (and the band playing live), but could never find it anymore.

Not that an actual DOD cover is much better,

A lot fans says that DOD album cover is the worst cover in Maiden's history, but I don't think so. Yeah, maybe it is the worst cover from all Maiden's album covers, but if you include covers for singles, compilation albums, live albums.... then it's not the worst. They used the unfinished version, but I like it, it represents the feel of the album just great and I love when the album covers have details (it's not like the SIT album cover, but you get my point). TBOS album cover is great (amazing Eddie), but lacks details. And there are thousands of ugly album covers around the world from rock & metal bands, so..... :p
That shelf is just another poor example of the Not-so-succesful Digital Adventures of Derek Riggs.

Totally agree. I even will say the unsuccessful Digital Adventures of Derek Riggs.

Does anyone have a good quality image from Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg background that Maiden used on 2010 (b4 TFF world tour)? I remember seeing amazing pictures of that background (and the band playing live), but could never find it anymore.

Fantastic artwork - as a backdrop looked even better. Easily could've been the actual album cover. That cover was a nice nod to the NPFTD album.

Here you are. If these pictures works for you.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 54
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 59
Fantastic artwork - as a backdrop looked even better. Easily could've been the actual album cover. That cover was a nice nod to the NPFTD album.

Here you are. If these pictures works for you.

Yes, it looked so great on stage! Shame they didn't come to South America.

Thanks, man.

I managed to get a few more rare Eddie pics. As I said before you can pm me for the high and very high res images, and you can also pm me a wish list of rare Eddie pics, whether they be obscure ones, Christmas ones and misc. I reckon I have a fantastic collection of very rare Eddie pics, and even more than Derek Riggs himself. Here they are and enjoy.

Attachments

• Run to The Hills.jpg
    Run to The Hills.jpg
    976.5 KB · Views: 55
  • Eddie Destroying The World.jpg
    Eddie Destroying The World.jpg
    889.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 1998 Remasters Advertisement 2.jpg
    1998 Remasters Advertisement 2.jpg
    717 KB · Views: 54
  • Eddie Smashing Tomb.jpg
    Eddie Smashing Tomb.jpg