NOW WATCHING

Reading stories online, on phone, etc just doesn't engage me and often I can't even comprehend what I'm reading. Physical is the way to go.

I thought it was OK. Bit of a come-down from last week, not quite what I expected from an episode called "The Storm", though obviously I get the title now. Nice to see some different weather, at least.

Looks far better than I ever expected it to. Jared who? That's how the Joker should have been from the start. Hope he fucks up those little bastards who stole his sign. :mad:

It looks like it's fairly horror-oriented. Apparently it's supposed to be rated R (a hard R, even), which makes me think we might actually get to see him cutting up his face (if they decide to follow a bit more of The Dark Knight, as they seem to be doing).

Last edited:
Has anyone here seen the 2008 French film Martyrs, and would care to share their (spoiler-free) thoughts? I'm currently debating whether it's really worth watching or not, because I've heard it's pretty disturbing.

Up next I think I'm going to tackle one of the following classic, highly-regarded shows: Either The Sopranos or Boardwalk Empire.

Anyone have a recommendation on which one I should go for?

I felt like they took a genuinely scary novel with many layers and turned it into your typical horror schlock. They took liberties which is fine and expected, but I found myself bored during the last half and many of the changes cheapened the overall effect of the story. Stick with the book. I’ll check out the original film sometime.

I felt like they took a genuinely scary novel with many layers and turned it into your typical horror schlock. They took liberties which is fine and expected, but I found myself bored during the last half and many of the changes cheapened the overall effect of the story. Stick with the book. I’ll check out the original film sometime.

That's a shame, it looked quite promising from the trailers, though I'll probably still give it a watch when it comes out on home media. I watched the original a while back, it's decent, but be warned: the ending is absolutely hilarious, it takes you right out of the moment.

I've heard that, flaws and all, it's still better than the previous adaptation.

That's all I'm hoping for.

Like many horror movies of the time, especially King adaptations, it scared me as a child, but even as a teen they either bored me or made me laugh. truly scary movies should make you feel at least uneasy no matter how old you are.

Back