Amon Amarth

I don't know. I didn't realize it was the Sabaton version until you pointed it out. I was too busy basking in the awesomeness of Trump to focus on the vocals.

Doesn't everything start and finish in Yorkshire? You know how the saying goes: all roads lead to Yorkshire.
All roads roam to Leeds.

Amazon Amarth are filming a new music video in Los Angeles next week. Apparently they want ten people dressed in generic Metal concert attire to participate in the video.

Are any Maidenfans in LA next week?

amonamarthberserkercd.jpg

New album to be released on May 3rd with the following tracklisting:

01. Fafner's Gold
02. Crack The Sky
03. Mjolner, Hammer Of Thor
04. Shield Wall
05. Valkyria
06. Raven's Flight
07. Ironside
08. The Berserker At Stamford Bridge
09. We Can Set Our Sails
10. When Once Again
11. Wings Of Eagles
12. Into The Dark

'Raven's Flight' is already online.

Is this about Diego Costa?
:lol:

Johan Hegg:

"A friend of mine told me about the story and said I should write lyrics about it, which I thought was a great idea because it's such an awesome story," he said. " Basically, it's at the end of the Viking era. The Vikings are in England, and they've been very successful in beating the English, because what the Vikings did better than the English is that they moved fast and they moved during the night. But at the Battle of Stamford Bridge, the English used the Vikings' tactics against them, so they caught the Vikings by surprise. The Vikings were too far away from their supply ships, so they had to retreat. The Vikings were about 3000 men, and the English were 15,000. So they retreated over Stamford Bridge, but in order to halt the English army, they sent one guy with an ax out on the bridge."

The Battle of Stamford Bridge was fought a couple of weeks before the Battle of Hastings. The new English King, Harold Godwinson, had to fight off other claimants to the throne including Harald Hardrada, King of Norway, who was defeated at Stamford Bridge in Yorkshire. Harold Godwinson's army lost to William, Duke of Normandy, at the Battle of Hastings on the south coast and the Norman Conquest begun ushering in centuries of French rule in England.

Not opposed to going to MTL to see them, but I'll wait until I see then in May before deciding.

Bloody hell, that's an awesome package. I saw At the Gates last Friday at the Roadburn Festival (for the second time; first time was @ Wacken 2008 with @Perun and @national acrobat). Very cool band. I'd love to see these other bands as well (never saw any of them).

The rumours coming out of Download Festival seem to be that there are three Amon Amarth shows in the UK at the end of November with support from Arch Enemy and Hypocrisy.

28th November - O2 Academy Birmingham
29th November - O2 Apollo Manchester
30th November - O2 Academy Brixton

The rumours coming out of Download Festival seem to be that there are three Amon Amarth shows in the UK at the end of November with support from Arch Enemy and Hypocrisy.

28th November - O2 Academy Birmingham
29th November - O2 Apollo Manchester
30th November - O2 Academy Brixton

I'll definitely consider it if it's true. Will do Manchester or Brixton depending on which uni I go to

The Brixton show is a Saturday so is quite convenient, but I'm not a fan of the support bands so don't know if I'll go to this one.

Cool song, but some riffs would benefit if they played them a bit heavier, Idk how to explain. You think it'd go into heavy riffing mode ala With Oden On Our Side, but they play it softer like a regular heavy metal band. At least it's better than most stuff from the last 2 albums.

Back