South Park

One of the few truly funny shows on tv along with The Simpsons. My favorite charachters are Butters and Randy among many brilliant ones.

You cannot go wrong with any Butters centered episode, the tap dancing one and him being a pimp are high up there on my list

Just came here to say that these last 4 episodes are better than the whole last 2 seasons combined. Finally they ditched making seasons as a whole and concentrated on one episode at a time like in old days.

Watched the first two episodes of the new season. Not funny... at all. Not even a chuckle. Hoping the upcoming episodes pick it up, because this sucks nuts. Also, WTF with the cancel southpark hashtag watermark? Did I miss something?

Helloween episode was great. As was the Tegridy Farms. Probably the best 2 South Park episodes in last 5 years.

In my opinion, the season gets better after the first 3 episodes but I get a sense that Parker and Stone are ready to wrap the series up.

That’s what their #cancelsouthpark joke is partially about (but I guess it’s mainly a jab at the overall deplatforming trend).

Ok, kept watching the current season and it does get better. I was laughing pretty hard at a few. Some probably unintended like with the Tegridy Farms when Randy tells Sharon he looks around at the current affairs, lists the plot of the last few episodes and says, "and I'm not laughing anymore." I laughed at that, because that was my exact gripe. But that one, and the following episodes got much better.

I saw the first two episodes last night. The school shooting one was great and a nice parody on how we turn a blind eye to a lot of it instead of fighting to stop them from happening again. The church one was merely... interesting.

Last few one were brutal. I mean, they was funny up to a point where you realize they aren't mocking that much and their jokes aren't far from reality.
Episode 7 (Nobody got serial?) was extremely depressing, especially the ending and only difference between episode 8 (Buddha Box) and reality is the actual box, everything else is right on the spot.

I was on the bus last Thursday on my way to work and I have no clue what radio station the driver had on, because it played EVERY genre. One of the songs was NUMA NUMA and I instantly thought of Numa Numa guy from WAAAAAAY back on December 11, 2006. I decided to torture all my classes and coworkers with it. One of my juniors classes has the framework of "influencial people." So while the book talks about Einstein, Amelia Earhart and Elon Musk, I thought they'd enjoy a brief trip through influencial youtubers. I started off with Numa Numa, of course, then Star Wars Kid, Dramatic Look Gopher, Sneezing Panda, Leave Britney Alone and Chocolate Rain. Then I showed them the South Park episode, Canada on Strike to show them just how big these people were at a time when Youtube wasn't monatized. (Before Perun blasts me for unprofessional, Southpark is TV14 and they're all 14-15 years old :p).

As I expected they were surprised at the stupid things that went viral back then (2006'07), but to be honest, not so different from now. I was cracking up. THAT was funny South Park and it only made me more upset at how completely unfunny this last season was. Kyle's profecy that one day the internet would be a place where people could make money is a fargone conclusion now, but many were still skeptical back then. I for one had a blast looking up all these old youtubers, and Numa Numa is still entertaining, while others not so much like Afro Ninja.

I was on the bus last Thursday on my way to work and I have no clue what radio station the driver had on, because it played EVERY genre. One of the songs was NUMA NUMA and I instantly thought of Numa Numa guy from WAAAAAAY back on December 11, 2006. I decided to torture all my classes and coworkers with it. One of my juniors classes has the framework of "influencial people." So while the book talks about Einstein, Amelia Earhart and Elon Musk, I thought they'd enjoy a brief trip through influencial youtubers. I started off with Numa Numa, of course, then Star Wars Kid, Dramatic Look Gopher, Sneezing Panda, Leave Britney Alone and Chocolate Rain. Then I showed them the South Park episode, Canada on Strike to show them just how big these people were at a time when Youtube wasn't monatized. (Before Perun blasts me for unprofessional, Southpark is TV14 and they're all 14-15 years old :p).

As I expected they were surprised at the stupid things that went viral back then (2006'07), but to be honest, not so different from now. I was cracking up. THAT was funny South Park and it only made me more upset at how completely unfunny this last season was. Kyle's profecy that one day the internet would be a place where people could make money is a fargone conclusion now, but many were still skeptical back then. I for one had a blast looking up all these old youtubers, and Numa Numa is still entertaining, while others not so much like Afro Ninja.

Couldn't agree less.
Last season was better than previous 2-3 combined.
Youtube episode was good (I saw it about month or two ago on Comedy Central) but they now (same as then) base episodes on things which are viral/popular at the time. The fact that I (and you probably) don't spend much time keeping in touch with things that are popular doesn't change the fact that they returned to the formula which worked decade ago.
This being said, best episodes (then and now) for me didn't have to do with anything that was popular at time.
For me, their best came from their original plotlines/characters and I saw some of that returning in the last season.

We definitely have different perspectives on this. Many episodes have been funny for different reasons, they're current, they're over the top, ridiculous, poigniant, etc. The last few, I'm not THAT out of touch with what is popular, teaching middle and high schoolers has forced me to keep up with trends I neither care about or want to follow willingingly. Still though... This last season.... very "meh" for me. I was hoping for a similar situation with... I think it was season 15. The one with the Vagsil episode. THAT episode was bad, but the rest of the season got better. This one never took off for me.

We definitely have different perspectives on this. Many episodes have been funny for different reasons, they're current, they're over the top, ridiculous, poigniant, etc. The last few, I'm not THAT out of touch with what is popular, teaching middle and high schoolers has forced me to keep up with trends I neither care about or want to follow willingingly. Still though... This last season.... very "meh" for me. I was hoping for a similar situation with... I think it was season 15. The one with the Vagsil episode. THAT episode was bad, but the rest of the season got better. This one never took off for me.

Yeah I remember that one. They have a bunch of those Coon and friends episodes at the end. Anyway, I believe we watch it for different reasons and find different things funny.
What do you think about seasons previous to last one (mainly 20 and 21). To me, that's when they hit rock bottom, especially when they forced a continuous timeline which in my opinion didn't work.
It wasn't neither funny nor interesting.

I actually liked the idea of South Park having an episode arc and thought they did a good job with that. I was kinda hoping that this season would continue on from there. It was kinda hit or miss, though. Started strong but then got iffy.

Yeah I remember that one. They have a bunch of those Coon and friends episodes at the end. Anyway, I believe we watch it for different reasons and find different things funny.
What do you think about seasons previous to last one (mainly 20 and 21). To me, that's when they hit rock bottom, especially when they forced a continuous timeline which in my opinion didn't work.
It wasn't neither funny nor interesting.

I thought season 20 was pretty solid, not their best, but good. 21 was pretty poor IMO, their worst season overall. I think it was ambitious to try and cool they did it, but I think they are better off with one-off episodes, some occasional 2/3 part stories, and some story lines that go through the background of a season

Back