Who would be the best choice to replace Bruce?

Yeah, he was pretty good in the early ‘90s with the Tattooed Millionaire and NPFTD tours, but it didn’t hold up so long.

From Skunkworks Live? I think he sounded great on it but TOAD wasn’t the highlight. Space Race and Back From The Edge were great.

From Skunkworks Live? I think he sounded great on it but TOAD wasn’t the highlight. Space Race and Back From The Edge were great.
Sadly not all that familiar with them, I've never really finished getting into Bruce's solo stuff, but if you say they're better than TOAD than that's reason enough for me to check them out.

As a side note, I can't help but chuckle at the "Mr Bean's Holiday" style camera zooming during the chorus on that video.

I mean, it's up to the viewer / listener to decide if they're better or not. I like them more because they almost sound indistinguishable from the studio versions, and pulling that off, for me, is great. I base live performances around the studio versions personally, because something can be worse, better, or on the same level for me.

Bruce sounded weak in 2012-2014. And even worse in 2016-17
2012 and 13 was good. Maybe some tired performances at the end of the 2013 tour, but he was good most of the tour. 2014 was his weakest tour with Maiden since rejoining in 1999. It seems like a lot of people remember 2014 and think he sounded like that the entire Maiden England tour.

Aces High at the 02 in 2013. Quite good.

2012 and 13 was good. Maybe some tired performances at the end of the 2013 tour, but he was good most of the tour. 2014 was his weakest tour with Maiden since rejoining in 1999. It seems like a lot of people remember 2014 and think he sounded like that the entire Maiden England tour.

Aces High at the 02 in 2013. Quite good.

He was really good in Zagreb in 2013.

Could his voice have already started to show the effects of cancer in 2014?

What in the cluster fuck of a hockey puck happened here, @Magnus ?
Broose Galore on the dance floor!

To the rest of you - Bruce peaked in '81 on the Samson song Communion. It has been a steady drop in quality ever since.
Culminating here:
Full Circle, buddy.
Overreaction by the pro-Bruce faction, John of the Silver Tongue :rolleyes:

But TBOS was recorded in late 2014 and Bruce sounded surprisingly good on that record.

True, but he had some health problems in his mouth during the 2014 tour, including the extraction of a molar and abscesses, which could well have been showing the early signs of the disease.

To the rest of you - Bruce peaked in '81 on the Samson song Communion. It has been a steady drop in quality ever since.
Culminating here:
Full Circle, buddy.
Is Paul your favorite vocalist, Buddy?

Culminating here:
Full Circle, buddy.
Bruce peaked at the second Sheffield show in 1986! Never been the same since.

Back