Who would be the best choice to replace Bruce?

I actually think this is his strongest tour ever. He sounds damn good, way better than during most of the ‘80s.

Interesting, I've always felt like 2008 was a great year for him. I'd say his current voice is the best since 2011 Final Frontier tour.
I would agree if i wasn´t been that concert last summer. This was opening day too, so his voice was fresh and clean. And excpecially of Flight of Icarus song. Everyone was amazed how well he was sounded there. 2008-year was amazing tho, but my favorite year for them was 2005, live at ullevi etc and Revelations song reminds me that Ullevi show performance.

I actually think this is his strongest tour ever. He sounds damn good, way better than during most of the ‘80s.

Not sure about the bit about this being his strongest tour ever (it might be close though), but he definitely sounds way better than during most of the 80s.

Real talk, this topic is stupid. Steve has stated in interviews, that if Bruce lost his voice during cancer treatment, there would be curtains for Maiden, because they have such a long career behind them that changing members at this point would be, well... pointless. Especially Bruce.

And Bruce is in best shape vocally since probably 2013 right now.

Real talk, this topic is stupid. Steve has stated in interviews, that if Bruce lost his voice during cancer treatment, there would be curtains for Maiden, because they have such a long career behind them that changing members at this point would be, well... pointless. Especially Bruce.

And Bruce is in best shape vocally since probably 2013 right now.

2010 more likely...

2014 was easily the worst vocal year for Bruce since the reunion, hell maybe even since NPFTD tour.

P.S. Underrated performance: Death On The Road. Despite Bruce having a flu, he belted it out on that concert. Especially Paschendale and DOD.

Bearing in mind I know very little about this, it seems to me that Bruce has been hitting the highest notes with more ease post-cancer, but at the expense of how clean the sound is, hence some of the Abe Simpson comparisons. For some songs it sounds better, others less so. I'd take the LotB versions of Aces High over ME any day, but I much prefer his performances of the Trooper from 2013.

He's much better on LotB than 2016-17, understandably, some songs like TRaTB were pretty rough.

You clearly have not listened to that many bootleg recordings from 1985-1993!
I actually think he's pretty damn good on some shows in the early 90's, particularly the South American shows in 1992 and Berlin '93 amongst others. Completely agree about '85-'88 though.

Back