Best songs out of each album that were never played live and deserve their live debut:

The Book Of Souls: When The River Runs Deep
When I first listened to the album, after listening this song I thought "man, they are so gonna play this live and it's gonna be amazing!". Can't believe they left it out of the TBOS Tour.

Truth!

Iron Maiden - all were played, but I still mention Strange World, out of their setlist since like 1980, and which for me is one of the best songs out of the album

Killers - Prodigal Son, the only song out of the never-played-two which would make sense playing.

The Number of the Beast - Gangland

Piece of Mind - Sun and Steel

Powerslave - I'll go with The Duellists

Somewhere in Time - Deja Vu, because I'm assuming that they will definitely play Alexander, sooner or later

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son - The Prophecy, but I think that they should have have played the full record on tour

No Prayer for the Dying - Fates Warning

Fear of the Dark - definitely Judas Be My Guide

The X Factor - I think that they played all the deserving songs out of the album... I'll go with Judgement Day, btw

Virtual XI - Como Estais Amigos without any doubt, and I still can't understand why they didn't played this song (at least in Argentina)

Brave New World - The Thin Line Between Love and Hate

Dance of Death - Montsegur but I can see why they didn't

A Matter of Life and Death - all were played

The Final Frontier - Mother of Mercy, but again I can see why they didn't

The Book of Souls - the final fight shows Empire of the Clouds, which I think (hope) would gain quality with a live orchestra or at least thanks to the live vibe, and When the River Runs Deep; I'll go with this one

Wow... Almost every single one my picks with the only exceptions being:

Somewhere in Time - Deja Vu, because I'm assuming that they will definitely play Alexander, sooner or later
In all honesty we agree on this one... The song we wanna listo to Alexander The Great (although IMO they should play Deja Vu as well... SIT is my fav record). The only difference is that I wouldn't bet my money on the sooner or later part. :p

The Final Frontier - Mother of Mercy, but again I can see why they didn't
I would lean more towards Isle Of Avalon or The Alchemist

... and that's it. Other than this I really don't see any reason for the band excluding Montsegur: it would give an excellent show opener. Como Estais Amigos is indeed the only Virtual XI song the band never played live and although I agree that Judgement Day is the song from that era that deserved the most to be on a setlist (and included on the X Factor BTW) I also would love to see Look For The Truth live. Also Run Silent Run Deep is a close second below Fates Warning.

P.S. ;

I think that they should have have played the full record on tour

AMEN!!!!

I would lean more towards Isle Of Avalon or The Alchemist
Avalon to me is the worst track out of the record :lol:

... and that's it. Other than this I really don't see any reason for the band excluding Montsegur: it would give an excellent show opener.
Clearly Bruce couldn't bear it. I remember hearing this song for the first time and thinking "this song's awesome, but they'll never play it live". In my personal Dance of Death tracklist it definitely is the opener, tho.

Regarding the Judgement Day, it is a good song, but it's also Be Quick or Be Dead pt. 2. Not the best of choices to put into the album a song which is, or at least seems, clearly a rewritten version of the previous opener.

Last edited:
Regarding the Judgement Day, it is a good song, but it's also Be Quick or Be Dead pt. 2
Mmmm... I agree 100% when it comes to the first riff (it's a blatant recycling :p ) But the rest of the song is quite different. IMO it would give a great closer for the album instead of The Unbeliever (not that I dislike it but it's my least favorite... I like JOTP so much more) and would balance the lack of fast songs.

Clearly Bruce couldn't bear it. I remember hearing this song for the first time and thinking "this song's awesome, but they'll never play it live".
Yes, it's possible he would go through a bad time in the chorus.

Dance of Death tracklist it definitely is the opener, tho.
Me too... That Losfer Words heavy riff from the get go would work so much better than Wildest Dreams...

Back