Songs you want Maiden to cover.

Ok...
  1. Sabbath's Mob Rules: Sabbath Bloody Sabbath cover by Godspeed featuring Bruce is SIMPLY PERFECT! But Mob Rules would also fit like a glove in Maiden's soundscape.
  2. Purple's Speed King: Perfect Strangers cover by Dream Theater featuring Dickinson is also really good but the Purple song that almost asks to be sang by Bruce is Speed King.
  3. Zepp's Immigrant Song: it should be mandatory to every great metal band to make a cover of this song.
  4. Rocky Erikson's Two Headed Dog: 70's hard rock with a lot of class.
  5. Priest's The Ripper: because it's one of the first metal dual guitar harmonies anthems ever made. And a goddamn classic!
  6. Blue Cheer's Sumertime Blues: groovy and heavy as hell. Ahead of its time.
  7. Alice Cooper's I'm 18: Dickinson's take with I Wanna Be Elected is ok but this song is an anthem.
  8. Mercyful Fate's Evil: Oh boy... just replace that high pitch scream at the beggining with Bruce's air raid siren and imagine the rest.
  9. The Who's Love Reign O'er Me: would be a weird choice but make the drums twofold by compass, give it a rhythm guitar and voilá.
  10. ... and of course please make a full version of Nektar's King Of Twhilight. Aces High's B side bit is simply AMAZING! Make the whole damn thing and it's your best cover ever hands down!

Ok...
  1. Sabbath's Mob Rules: Sabbath Bloody Sabbath cover by Godspeed featuring Bruce is SIMPLY PERFECT! But Mob Rules would also fit like a glove in Maiden's soundscape.
  2. Purple's Speed King: Perfect Strangers cover by Dream Theater featuring Dickinson is also really good but the Purple song that almost asks to be sang by Bruce is Speed King.
  3. Zepp's Immigrant Song: it should be mandatory to every great metal band to make a cover of this song.
  4. Rocky Erikson's Two Headed Dog: 70's hard rock with a lot of class.
  5. Priest's The Ripper: because it's one of the first metal dual guitar harmonies anthems ever made. And a goddamn classic!
  6. Blue Cheer's Sumertime Blues: groovy and heavy as hell. Ahead of its time.
  7. Alice Cooper's I'm 18: Dickinson's take with I Wanna Be Elected is ok but this song is an anthem.
  8. Mercyful Fate's Evil: Oh boy... just replace that high pitch scream at the beggining with Bruce's air raid siren and imagine the rest.
  9. The Who's Love Reign O'er Me: would be a weird choice but make the drums twofold by compass, give it a rhythm guitar and voilá.
  10. ... and of course please make a full version of Nektar's King Of Twhilight. Aces High's B side bit is simply AMAZING! Make the whole damn thing and it's your best cover ever hands down!

Actually, Dave already played that with Alice in Maui.

Speaking of which, the solo on the studio is double tracked is it not? Did Dave play both tracks in the studio?

As a more serious answer to the question in the title, there aren't that many songs that I'd really desire to hear Maiden to cover. Not that I wouldn't enjoy hearing their takes on different stuff, but... I don't know, maybe it's just too much out of the current Maiden-world, especially since physical singles and therefore b-sides are pretty much thing of the past now.

But, as it was mentioned a while ago in Bruce Dickinson solowork topic, it would be great to hear Bruce/Maiden cover My God by Jethro Tull. The instrumental work (save the flute) in that song would translate rather beautifully into Maiden-format and the lyrics and vocal melodies just scream for Bruce's take.

But, as it was mentioned a while ago in Bruce Dickinson solowork topic, it would be great to hear Bruce/Maiden cover My God by Jethro Tull. The instrumental work (save the flute) in that song would translate rather beautifully into Maiden-format and the lyrics and vocal melodies just scream for Bruce's take.
Hear, hear!

Back