Judas Priest

True. Pantera was just becoming big at that time (the others mentioned were already)... and opening for Judas Priest (in the USA) helped a lot by the way. ;)

And then Rob Halford left Judas Priest after the Painkiller tour to form a band called Fight that was musically inspired by Pantera and the current "groove" thrash metal scene. Funny how all that works out :)

Last edited:
8/365

Judas_Priest_SforV.jpg

Screaming for Vengeance – Judas Priest

The Hellion – A wicked intro, should be part of the following track but sadly it isn’t – 8/10

Electric Eye – Transitions perfectly from The Hellion, the Chorus vocals are a little weak but the instruments are killer – 7/10

Riding On the Wind – A furious drum introduces this song with great guitar work kicking in soon after. Vocals are better although I still need to get more used to Halford’s high pitched style. – 8/10

Bloodstone – Another nice rocker, slightly slower paced but Halford’s vocals are better on this one – 8.5/10

(Take These) Chains – A strong mid paced track. A nice change from the previous faster songs but still a strong track although lyrics could use some more variety – 8/10

Pain and Pleasure – A decent track doesn’t grab you as aggressively as the previous tracks – 6.5/10

Screaming for Vengeance – Kicking off with a nice scream from Halford before launching into action with rapid fire vocals. Instrumentation remains strong throughout this entire track. -8.5/10

You’ve Got Another Thing Comin – An amazing mid paced track easily designed for a live setting - 9/10

Fever – Starts off slower before picking up into a midpaced track with the usual nice instrumental portion. You think it ends then it comes back again before ultimately concluding– 7.5/10

Devil’s Child – Picking up the pace somewhat Devil’s child has a nice riff and overall is another enjoyable track from Priest - 8/10

Overall Rating 79%

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/was-late-judas-priest-drummer-dave-holland-victim-of-a-very-sad-injustice/

Scottish author and journalist Mark Eglinton, who co-wrote Downing's 2018 autobiography, "Heavy Duty: Days And Nights In Judas Priest", says that he was given the new information by a purported friend of Holland's who wanted to inform people of "a very sad injustice" which had been perpetrated upon someone that she claims was "a true gentleman."

The following piece was provided to BLABBERMOUTH.NET by Eglinton, who requested that it be published in its entirety.

"Dave Holland: New Information .. continued in article:

As I previously mentioned, Richie promises a few surprises in the setlist for the upcoming NA leg: https://www.loudersound.com/news/judas-priest-promise-setlist-surprises-on-north-american-tour

''We're working up new songs for the setlist for this go-around. There'll be a few surprises in there – some songs that maybe people haven't heard for a long time, or ever from the band... :eek: ''So it's exciting just to see people's faces when you throw a new song in there or a blast from the past''.

''We're looking forward to coming back through. It's a slightly different stage production. We've got some new ideas for that as well. So it's going to be an exciting tour. We can't wait to get back out there''.

As I previously mentioned, Richie promises a few surprises in the setlist for the upcoming NA leg: https://www.loudersound.com/news/judas-priest-promise-setlist-surprises-on-north-american-tour

''We're working up new songs for the setlist for this go-around. There'll be a few surprises in there – some songs that maybe people haven't heard for a long time, or ever from the band... :eek: ''So it's exciting just to see people's faces when you throw a new song in there or a blast from the past''.

''We're looking forward to coming back through. It's a slightly different stage production. We've got some new ideas for that as well. So it's going to be an exciting tour. We can't wait to get back out there''.

From Firepower, I would like to see: Spectre, Never the Heroes and Traitors Gate.
Classic songs: Rock Hard Ride Free, Heading Out to the Highway, Dissident Aggressor, Riding on the Wind, Exciter, Tyrant and Between the Hammer and the Anvil.

From Firepower, I would like to see: Spectre, Never the Heroes and Traitors Gate.
Classic songs: Rock Hard Ride Free, Heading Out to the Highway, Dissident Aggressor, Riding on the Wind, Exciter, Tyrant and Between the Hammer and the Anvil.

Traitors Gate is a must. I expect Rock Hard Ride Free (Faulkner's favorite song) and probably something from ROS.

Oh, very nice. I'm trying to see them in CT when they pass through. Would be nice to hear Take These Chains, Rock Hard Ride Free, and my absolute favorite Priest song, A Touch of Evil!

Reading this discussion made me want to check trivia on Wikipedia. And this could be filed under the title "bad choices":
"Reckless" was asked to be on the soundtrack of the movie Top Gun, but Judas Priest declined, both because they thought the film would flop and because it would have meant leaving the song off Turbo. However, their next album, Ram It Down, contained a cover of "Johnny B. Goode" that was featured in the soundtrack for the movie of the same title.

For the people who read Downing's book: if interested: Both his parents are still alive. He finds it unbelievable that his father is still alive.

Antwort: Mit mit meiner Mutter und meinen beiden Schwestern habe ich noch einen ganz normalen Kontakt. Mit meinem Vater aber nicht mehr. Er ist ein schlechter Mensch. Er ist ein Spieler und hat früh aufgehört zu arbeiten. Es ist unglaublich, dass er noch lebt. Er ist irgendwas mit 90 Jahre alt. Meine Mutter ist 85, sie ist noch gut beisammen. Sie hat meinen Vater verlassen als sie 48 Jahre alt war.

This is from a German interview, published today:
https://www.frankenpost.de/deutschl...Judas-Priest-waren-mein-Leben;art2794,6596063

A segment on Maiden (google translated):

Question: Iron Maiden were the great rivals of Judas Priest when it came to who is coming to the heavy metal throne. The book describes the trouble Priest had with Iron Maiden on the 1980 tour. How is your relationship today with the members of Iron Maiden?

Answer: Nicko (McBrain, drummer, editor's note) has always been a good boy. I knew him before he came to Iron Maiden. The relationship with the others is okay too. Iron Maiden are very successful, and I'm proud of what they did for Heavy Metal. It would be great to see a tour with Judas Priest, Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden. But we are all dinosaurs that will one day die out (laughs).

Last edited:
It would be great to see a tour with Judas Priest, Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden.

Well, you have got Ozzy with Priest this year, though I guess he wants to be in on it. Do Maiden still get on with Ozzy, or rather, does Sharon still get on with Maiden? Was reading earlier about how the Ozzfest Twitter page wished Adrian happy birthday... by posting a photo of him playing at the infamous Ozzfest 2005. Awkward.

Thanks for that new interview with K.K.

A segment on Maiden (google translated):

Question: Iron Maiden were the great rivals of Judas Priest when it came to who is coming to the heavy metal throne. The book describes the trouble Priest had with Iron Maiden on the 1980 tour. How is your relationship today with the members of Iron Maiden?

Answer: Nicko (McBrain, drummer, editor's note) has always been a good boy. I knew him before he came to Iron Maiden. The relationship with the others is okay too. Iron Maiden are very successful, and I'm proud of what they did for Heavy Metal. It would be great to see a tour with Judas Priest, Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden. But we are all dinosaurs that will one day die out (laughs).

Someone should have told him that Black Sabbath have retired and he is no longer in Judas Priest. It is what it is.

Thanks for that new interview with K.K.

Someone should have told him that Black Sabbath have retired and he is no longer in Judas Priest. It is what it is.

Instead of a tour, they could play a couple of one-off shows, which Sabbath didn't rule out. Andy Sneap will leave after the end of the Firepower Tour.
It could be possible for K.K to come back.

Instead of a tour, they could play a couple of one-off shows, which Sabbath didn't rule out. Andy Sneap will leave after the end of the Firepower Tour.
It could be possible for K.K to come back.
I really really hope that K.K. will join back. It's not impossible.

Back