favorite song that wasnt a single or video clip???

A

Anonymous

hey guys just wondering do you guys have a favorite song that wasnt pushed into the playlists or on the musich channels that you think is quite nifty. barring all the 2 mins, trooper, etc, what are your favorite songs? mine would have to be by far "flash of the blade" "sun and steel" and "quest for fire". not to mention i like them moreso than some of iron maidens cd single releases.

If I was to look at my favourite Maiden tracks, almost all would not be singles (aside from Number of the Beast). I tend to tire of the overplayed Trooper or Run to the Hills - though once in a while, its good to listen to them.

Too many to count, although I'll list some of my top 10 under-rated Maiden tracks;

Deja-Vu
Still Life
Flash of the Blade
The Prophecy
Judas Be My Guide
Mother Russia
The Edge of Darkness
The Educated Fool

Plus Paschendale, which wasn't a single or video, but isn't under-rated, by any stretch of the imagination. ;)

The Longest Day.

It's an incredible song, as some of you may have noticed. It makes me shrudder and mkes me very sad, because (as I'm sure I have already stated) it transports you back to the scene of the song and makes you feel as if you were there. And it's not just the lyrics that creates this feeling, but all the instruments as well. What comes to mind is 4.32 into the song, when you hear something that sound like artillery and puts you right on the scene. Brilliant.

children of the damned
ghost of the navigator
murders in the rue morgue

Let's see . . .

Infinite Dreams was a live single (and video)
Empire was a one-day-only single IIRC
Hallowed was also a live single, not to mention being on (almost) every live album/video

Therefore it'd have to be Revelations

There’s another thread for this somewhere... But... Wrathchild should have been a single.

Not really, no. It was released with "Twilight Zone" as a double A-side (which is why there isn't anything written on the cover). For some reason, though, people just seemed to forget/ignore this.
Well, that's the wrong way imo.

Back