Ghostvivor: Results

Are you satisfied?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Really tough choosing anything now. Going for Pinnacle (find it's more about big sound than great songwriting), He Is (more novelty value than anything), and See The Light (not at all bad, but one of the weaker songs here IMO). Boo to anyone voting for Pro Memoria. :mad:

These votes for Pinnacle and moreso Faith are mind-boggling. The latter is one of the riffiest, catchy, most metal songs they've ever written and Pinnacle is a groovy masterpiece.

Pinnacle is awesome, but it was my seventh choice because of lack of other songs to vote from.

My God, this is getting hard.

Per Aspera Ad Inferi
From the Pinnacle to the Pit
Cirice
He Is
Miasma
Witch Image
Life Eternal (painfully)

Con Clavi Con Dio - probably prototypical early Ghost. 7/10.
Ritual - what Ghost will be come. 9/10.
Elizabeth - it's fine. 6/10.

Per Aspera Ad Inferi - yeah, this is good. 8/10.
Secular Haze - It's kinda slow and I don't think it ever hits a gear that it should. 6/10.
Year Zero - 10/10 one of my favourite Ghost songs.

From the Pinnacle to the Pit - also very good 8/10.
Cirice - if this isn't Ghost at their best, then Square Hammer is. 10/10.
He Is - 8/10 very good, fun singalong chorus. Much better live.
Absolution - Still a good song 8/10.
Square Hammer - if this isn't Ghost at their best, then Cirice is. 10/10.

Ashes - 6/10, intro.
Rats - 9.5/10, best on the album, too bad it never gets that good again. Top 5 Ghost song.
Faith - 7.5/10, pretty good track, good chorus. Could use a little oomph to get over the hump. Loses half a point for tacking an intro on at the end of the song.
Miasma - Overproduced and under developed. Same basic music looped on different instruments. It's elevator music for the first half, then kicks up a notch which barely gets it to 6/10.
Dance Macabre - Designed for radio play. Still a catchy as fuck track and a solid entry in the Ghost canon. Sad they had to hire famous Swedish pop writers to make a second song on Prequelle that isn't utterly forgettable. 8/10, loses a point for not being written by the band.
Witch Image - Starts promising, ends up in the same pop-rock sound. Not memorable. 6/10.
Life Eternal - It's not bad, I wish it was, you know, heavy. And it has the same problem as Dance Macabre in being written by a famous Swedish pop artist. Still, it's nice. 6/10.

Elizabeth, Secular Haze, Miasma, Witch Image, Life Eternal.

Back