The Ides Of March - Early recording?

Ok I don't understand it all - were Parsons and Sampson playing in Ruskin Arms 5th of October 1979?

Answer people, for the love of god. Are bootleg credits correct, or am I misreading the date format and this should be 10th of May?

@Luisma I hope you do not mind but I have some remarks/questions about this:
Hello everyone. In the past days I have make a LOT of effort to contact people who could help me clarify this matter and I have reached a conclusion thanks to the amazing people who have helped me. The mystery version of The Ides Of March was a live recording the band did at a rehearsal at The Ruskin Arms in April 1979 and polished to be used as an intro tape during the January sessions of 1980 (recordings of Running Free for the single).
Would you cite your source(s), please?

Furthermore:

1. What do you mean with sessions?
2. What is exactly one session? One day of recording? One period of recording (in a row) for a certain goal?
3. How many recording sessions you think there had been in January (in total)?
4. Do you think they used more sessions to polish one minute of music?

EDIT:
On the debut album: I have contacted both Martin Levan and Will Malone. To be continued.

Last edited:
@Luisma I hope you do not mind but I have some remarks/questions about this:

Would you cite your source(s), please?

Furthermore:

1. What do you mean with sessions?
2. What is exactly one session? One day of recording? One period of recording (in a row) for a certain goal?
3. How many recording sessions you think there had been in January (in total)?
4. Do you think they used more sessions to polish one minute of music?

EDIT:
On the debut album: I have contacted both Martin Levan and Will Malone. To be continued.

Hello @Forostar I would try to answer your questions in the best way possible, however, I must say that during the research for my book I have met a lot of people related with the band and had access to priviliged information (documents) that I cannot reveal directly. Some of the people who have trusted me through the years with information have asked me to not to reveal their identities so THEY don't lose access to the information also, so I respect their wishes.

Now, about your first question my source is a document from someone IN the band plus a crossreference with someone who WAS related to the band at that time.

1. Sessions: A day of rehearsal & recording in a studio
2. Refer to answer 1.
3. 2 sessions at the end of January. You can ask Loopy about this sessions and for what they were originally used.
4. No. I know they did not use more than a session.

By the way, you must know that taking ONE answer from someone, for me, is not enough to consider something true. This is why when Loopy told me that they didn't record The Ides Of March before the Killers session and tried to investigate more 'cause I had physical proof that I was.

Also I suggest you consider the fact that someone might not be willing to give a certain answer because 1. the person asking the question has not earn the trust of the people who has to answer and 2. The people aswering the question is using their memory which, as you may know, is not always a reliable source, this is why in some cases I had to refer to physical proof which is ALWAYS more reliable than memory, unless you can suspect the physical proof has been tampered with...

Back