Metallica

Hm no. Tenacious D were a TV series on HBO to begin with. Supported by rock celebrities within the industry, turned into a movie and then pushed out on the road during which they performed as the two main characters of the movie. Not unlike Glee, a TV series also pushed by the industy, that turned into a concert tour where members of the original cast perfomed in character of the show.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glee_Live!_In_Concert!

Last edited:
Sure but it doesn't mean much in relation to your original point regarding Jack Black getting up on stage to talk about rock 'n' roll.

Jack Black having once played a few LA bars once back who knows when really doesn't give him much credit :p He's still an actor first and foremost.

Jack Black having once played a few LA bars once back who knows when really doesn't give him much credit.

Having embarked on tour after tour, having supported many hugely successful rock acts, recording studio albums does though.

This isn't too complicated. Industry pushed him is not a viable argument, industry pushes everyone that they deem marketable.

Still more of a show than a band. Like Glee. If you're out there performing a character from a televison series or a movie, it's a show.

Last edited:
Yeah, more or less. If you do want a discography discussion, I could pull a Knickerbocker and go through each album one step at a time.
You can do that if you want. Totally up to you.

I see what you mean about 'St. Anger' blending together too much. There are some nice ideas but the execution is, to put it lightly, poor. Someone actually covered the entire album with decent production. It's on YouTube somewhere.

You can do that if you want. Totally up to you.
I've enjoyed listening to the Ghost albums three times to let the music sink in and expand on me and I think Metallica would be just the kind of band to try that same concept with. To be honest, the only albums I've heard in full from them are St. Anger and Lulu, but I've heard quite a lot of individual tracks so I'm not exactly a noob, so to speak. If no one minds I think it may be an interesting way to stir up discussion and see some things from a non-fan POV. Plus it's a good way to continue the 365 albums thing.

Back