Whitesnake

Feverdog

Trooper
Hi dont know if there's any snake fans out there  but im loving the new album just wondered what you lot think of it .

Heard Love Will Set You Free or whatever that song was called and I really liked it. Maybe I'll get the album.

On an unrelated note, Coverdale/Page is a great album.

I'm going to see them with Judas Priest in July. I'm not really a big fan, so I'll check their latest album 2-3 weeks before the concert... I know their greatest hits - Here I Go Again, Fool For Your Loving, Is This Love etc.

Check out their more hard rocking bluesy stuff. That is their best material.

Check out their more hard rocking bluesy stuff. That is their best material.
Try the early years compilation great taster for those albums.
Yup. It's too bad that stuff is more popular though.
Its always gonna be because of Zep but coverdale/page was a pretty big hit when it came out .

Oh I wasn't around back then. These days no one has heard of it though. It is quite the obscurity now.

I got that album ages ago, could be something like eight or nine years now. I used to listen to it a lot back in the day.

Currently listening to Voodoo Circle - Raised on Rock... and I am astonished that bands can be allowed to release so blatant ripoff songs (from the first listen, songs 1 and 3 are respectively "Bad Boys" and "Crying in the Rain", 4 is a mix between "Shake My Tree" -ok it is Coverdale/Page- and "Steal Your Heart Away"...) - hardly making money off recorded music shouldn't be an excuse. It is a fascinating listen for the wrong reasons but I doubt I will listen to it ever again when it is finished.

EDIT
song 5= "Standing in the Shadows of Love"/ "Don't Break My Heart Again"
song 6= "Is This Love"
Fascinating, I told you!
song 7 sounds like some Dio... although it is called "The Ultimate Sin"! :D
song 10: the riff of "Ain't Love in the Heart of the City" itself is ripped off! Then, it segues into some copy of "Mistreated"... with a bit from Rainbow's "Ariel".
song 12: hello Yngwie

Doug Aldrich: you have disappointed me. :(

4/365 The Whitesnake EP– Whitesnake

SnakebiteEP.JPG

Bloody Mary - A fun piano driven rock track; Definetely different than later Whitesnake hits but you can see the progression from DC’s Deep Purple Days – 8/10

Steal Away – A heavier guitar intro leads into a mid-paced track with some decent piano and guitar work. Not as strong as the opener but still an enjoyable song; – 7/10

Ain’t No Love In The Heart Of The City – A slower cover tune. A solid outing on Coverdale’s part and the band itself pulls the song off quite well.- 7/10

Come On – The heavier guitars return for the closing track of this EP. Another solid track, shows the potential of the band but nothing that hits the ball out of the park - 7.5/10

Overall Rating 74%

That is a bit better than I was expecting. Thought his voice sounded a bit more natural than it has done on the last couple of albums and the guitars a bit less processed. But still a pretty harsh guitar sound and a complete lack of bass. I really do miss the walking basslines of Neil Murray that were such in evidence on the early albums. Will give the album a listen when it comes out, and might possibly add it to my CD collection if it turns out to be decent.

I bought Whitesnake's S/T yesterday and it is probably the first time that I have listened to it in 25 years. Still pretty good. I went ahead and ordered Slip Of The Tongue which is out for delivery and preordered the remaster for Slide It In which comes out the beginning of March. I have been going through a hair metal phase lately and picked up some Skid Row, Warrant, Poison and Cinderella too.

4/365

SnakebiteEP.JPG

The Whitesnake EP– Whitesnake

Bloody Mary - A fun piano driven rock track; Definetely different than later Whitesnake hits but you can see the progression from DC’s Deep Purple Days – 8/10

Steal Away – A heavier guitar intro leads into a mid-paced track with some decent piano and guitar work. Not as strong as the opener but still an enjoyable song; – 7/10

Ain’t No Love In The Heart Of The City – A slower cover tune. A solid outing on Coverdale’s part and the band itself pulls the song off quite well.- 7/10

Come On – The heavier guitars return for the closing track of this EP. Another solid track, shows the potential of the band but nothing that hits the ball out of the park - 7.5/10

Overall Rating 74%

-----

24/365
Slide_It_In_%28Whitesnake_album_-_cover_art%29.jpg

Slide It In - Whitesnake

Slide it In - A killer riff opens up the title track and the album with Coverdale's vocals quickly coming in afterwords. An chant-able chorus with overall great musicianship makes this song an absolute classic. - 10/10

Slow an' Easy - An atmospheric opening launches into a hard rocking track which is anything but slow and easy. A powerful rocker which highlights all the aspects of what make Whitesnake great. - 9.5/10

Love Ain't No Stranger - 100% Better than Is This Love, an absolute monster of a ballad and rock tune all in one short 4 minute package - 10/10

All Or Nothing - A heavy riff and drums kick off the next track, opening verses are great. This version of Whitesnake is absolutely amazing, super tight and the songs definitely compliment each other really well. A fun track not quite on par with the opening salvo but still a strong rock track - 8.5/10

Gambler - This song is honestly just as amazing as the rest of this side, heavy but still commercial enough to easily be a radio single. A nice interlude takes place in the center between Sykes' guitar and Lord's keyboards amazing track - 9/10

Guilty of Love - An incredibly fast paced song kicks off side 2. This song makes me want to move around. Another great song on an incredibly enjoyable album - 9/10

Hungry for Love - An interesting guitar lick kicks off this track, Coverdale's vocals are per usual are top notch. Chorus harmonies are great, a strong song, with a simpler feel to it. - 8/10

Give Me More Time - Another upbeat fun track that has an infectious chorus. Amazing solo on this track. Unreal track, super commercial but wow is it amazing. - 10/10

Spit It Out - Slower guitar work with some quick drums leads into this next track, call and answer chorus reminds me of Kiss, and not in a good way, although Coverdale and company still rock out really well on this track. Another monster solo from Sykes on this track. - 8/10

Standing In The Shadow - The final song on an outright amazing album, this final track is no weak point either, another strong track, not as fast paced as some of the earlier tracks but it still rocks, soaring vocals from Coverdale. Nice instrumentation as with all the rest. - 8.5/10

Overall a well earned 90%

-----

12/365
Whitesnake_%28album%29.jpg

1987 - Whitesnake

Crying in The Rain - This version of the album begins with the rerecording of a song off the saint's n sinners album (This record has 3 or 4 different track running orders floating around) While I like the original version something about the more commercial sound provided by the 1987 version makes the song rock even more, a killer mid-paced opener and easily a centerpiece live with plenty of room for solos - 10/10

Bad Boys - Following up is a fast paced rocker, bad boys is the classic Whitesnake Opener for many of their tours, and definetly an overshadowed track by the other 3 tracks on this side however it still is an amazing track; If it weren't for the other 4 radio staples this song likely would be the one from this album. 9/10

Still of The Night - The epic Still of the Night begins with the recognizable guitar riff, who cares about the Zeppelin esc sound it rocks. Killer screams, amazing guitar work, and overall just a great song, the scream into the guitar solo gave me goosebumps, and this wasn't the first time i've heard the song. - 10/10

Here I go Again - Side 1 closes with likely the most well known song by Whitesnake. The classic Here I Go Again, needs no introduction, arena sized chorus, great solo, screams and catch as hell. - 10/10

Give Me All Your Love - Another mid paced track kicks off side two, in typical Whitesnake fashion it has a catchy chorus, it isn't quite on par with side 1 but it still is a strong track, not quite a ballad but treading quite close to one at the same time 8/10

Is This Love - The very well known sappy ballad. Overall it isn't a bad song but Whitesnake has better ballads. 7.5/10

Children of The Night - Kicking off similar to Bad Boys children of the night is a song clearly about the rock and roll lifestyle, this song screams live energy. 8/10

Straight For The Heart - Another fast paced track, with a call and answer chorus. Not as strong as the other rock tracks on here and not really that memorable, but still a solid track - 7/10

Don't Turn Away - The album closes out with another more sentimental track, slower and better than Is This Love lyrically but somehow more forgettable than the song. 7.5/10

Overall 86%

30/365
ComeAnGetIt.jpg

Come and Get It – Whitesnake

Come and Get It - A mid tempo groove kicks off the title track of the album. Not too bluesy as the earlier Whitesnake Material clearly showing the beginnings of the hard rock sound they will become known for. A nice tune, but it really doesn't jump out at you the band and Coverdale put in strong performances but it just isn't a standout; The groove in the solo reminds me 100% of Living after midnight by Judas Priest - 7/10

Hot Stuff - A faster and heavier track than the opener. Coverdale has higher vocals on this track and it suits the track well, the drum interludes are nice touches and Lords keyboards are great as always, this song screams early show opener. -7.5/10

Don’t Break My Heart Again - With a nice beat from the drums and bass Coverdale makes his presence known, a mainstream style track, with a constant beat solid song with sentimental lyrics of Coverdale begging for his heart not to be broken - 8.5/10

Lonely Days, Lonely Nights - A slow ballad like track, dynamic bluesy instrumentation with Coverdale singing over it, I feel like this song will be a grower but for now it will sit at a 7.5/10

Wine,Women an’ Song - Piano intro opens up this song and Coverdale introduces the song along with it. This song is clearly a throwback to their influences and I like it, fun and shameless about what Coverdale and the band enjoys to do in their free time. - 8/10

Child of Babylon - Side two opens up with the blowing winds followed up with some soothing guitars, this song has the epic feel to it. This song is thus far the best one on the album, the band plays off each other very well and it clearly shows what the band is quickly going to become over their next few albums. - 9/10

Would I Lie to You - A harder intro kicks off this track before transitioning into a more poppy style song, this song has another nice infectious groove, you can tell this song is a single due and I feel like it would be an effective way to grab people into listening to the album. Solid blues rock here - 7.5/10

Girl - Another slower and more subdued track, this song just doesn't grab me, it is enjoyable to listen to but it doesn't pull you in. The groove is there but doesn't quite do it. 6/10

Hit and Run - Faster energy than the previous track and it grabs me right from the start. The instrumentation on this track is great. Lyrics aren't amazing but this song is a good pick up from the previous track - 7.5/10

Till The Day I Die - In typical Whitesnake ballad fashion this song starts off slower before getting faster and heavier, Lords keys standout well in the midsection of the track. A great way to close off this decent album on a high note! - 8.5/10

Overall 77%

''Always The Same'' is a previously unreleased song from the recording sessions of their latest album.

It sounds like classic Whitesnake. Great song. Should had been in the album.

Back