Worst 3 consecutive songs

Black_Thunder said:
You like some (weak) songs pretty much. Your favorite Maiden song is Prowler (and that doesn't mean Prowler is a weak song...  :halo:), and your favorite Megadeth album is SFSGSW. That explains pretty much...  :p

Please, don't take that as an insult. I meant - your taste pretty much differs from everyone else'.

It's a very rare situation that when you walk down the street and meet a Maiden fan, he says that his favorite Maiden song is Prowler...  :innocent:
h I'm not taking it as an insult, I like the fact that I have opinions that not everyone agrees with me on  ;)

I'm sure this won't be a popular opinion here, and it's not my least favorite as those have all been mentioned.  But I've never been a fan of 2/3rds of this set-

The Mercenary
Dream of Mirrors
The Fallen Angel

The only one of that bunch that's not mediocre, overlong and overly repetitive (and not in the good Caught Somewhere In Time fashion) is Fallen Angel.  And even that tune is sort of forgettable.

I've been avoiding this thread for a while because I've had a really tough time finding three "bad" Maiden songs in in a row.
I've got to go all the way back to the first album (North American version) for a run I don't think I've seen here yet: Strange World/Sanctuary/Charlotte.
I know a lot of you like Strange World, but I find it the band's most boring track. The other two are pedestrian rockers.
Enema/Warning/Assassin and Fugitive/Misery/Apparition would be battling for number two.

Fear Is The Key, Childhoods End (this one is great but the other two are utter trash), Wasting Love.

This one is easy. The Educated Fool, Don't Look To the Eyes of a Stranger, and Como Estais Amigos.

The latter two are Maiden's worst two songs. @Diesel 11

I'm sure this won't be a popular opinion here, and it's not my least favorite as those have all been mentioned. But I've never been a fan of 2/3rds of this set-

The Mercenary
Dream of Mirrors
The Fallen Angel

The only one of that bunch that's not mediocre, overlong and overly repetitive (and not in the good Caught Somewhere In Time fashion) is Fallen Angel. And even that tune is sort of forgettable.
Well spoted! Toe to toe with my pick. But any of those picks are good/decent songs WHEN COMPARED with Fear Is The Key and Wasting Love. I think that what makes it toe to toe is the fact that Childhood's End is a really cool song.

When Two Worlds Collide
The Educated Fool
Don’t Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger

Dishonorable mention (only losing by a hair because “The Aftermath” isn’t complete garbage):

Look For The Truth
The Aftermath
Judgement Of Heaven

meh... not stellar but I don't agree it is their worst. None of the songs are really great but none of them are by any means bad.
Yeah. I like all these songs, I gave them all 7/10. There are definitely worse songs, but they aren't in a row.

Back