Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got an impression Maiden of today is more the "rock oldies club" than regular playing and creating band as they was in the '80s. Harris, Dickinson, McBrain and ever Smith are way more involved into theirs side projects than the original band. What about something new from them - new videos, music? Even gaps between tour legs are longer and longer in the case of last ones (2018/2019) there's almost one year long(!!!) spare time in between...

1. Maiden consistently put more effort into writing and recording new quality material than most legacy metal bands AND into promoting that material on their concert tours (see the lack of playing popular hits like "Run to the Hills" on TBOS tour).
2. In the last 10 years, Steve Harris' British Lion has released one studio album and toured maybe 5 times (with each leg lasting less than a month). Iron Maiden has released two albums, three live albums, and had 5 world tours (with almost 400 shows).
3. Dickinson hasn't released a solo album since 2005 and 3 out of 4 of his main "side projects", re: hobbies, directly relate to Maiden (i.e. flying = Ed Force One and aerial performances during Maiden tours, writing = biography that heavily discusses Maiden, "brewing" = Iron Maiden product).
4. What Nicko side project? His covers band that plays once a year at his rib shack in Florida?
5. What Adrian side project? His Instagram feed curated entirely by his wife?

Once again, RLonger, your statements have no factual basis.

Maybe, but this is only my personal opinion, but what about something new, really interesting, valuable from Maiden: the album, DVD, band's history official book - whatever?! New version of Trooper Ale, new game or so? Oh no, thanx! I just wanna be understanding correctly - I'm the fan since 1984, I'm into but (must admit) the whole idea about promoting the "LOTB Game" with big tour based upon, without some interesting releases (historic DVD, collection or so) seems very weird, like a curiosum to me.

I just wanna be understanding correctly - I'm the fan since 1984, I'm into but (must admit) the whole idea about promoting the "LOTB Game" with big tour based upon, without some interesting releases seems very weird, like a curiosum to me.
Was that English?

No, I'm not native speaker. I think you it's about the word "curiosum": that's Latin. In English: something strange, bizzare.

Maybe, but this is only my personal opinion, but what about something new, really interesting, valuable from Maiden: the album, DVD, band's history official book - whatever?! New version of Trooper Ale, new game or so? Oh no, thanx! I just wanna be understanding correctly - I'm the fan since 1984, I'm into but (must admit) the whole idea about promoting the "LOTB Game" with big tour based upon, without some interesting releases (historic DVD, collection or so) seems very weird, like a curiosum to me.
You are a fan since 1984 but your profile says you're 19?:D

Alright, be nice, everyone.

Maiden is doing lots of different things today. It's probably because they're all financially comfortable and don't need to go into aggressive tour/writing schedules to make their money. Now when they do that stuff, it's because they want to. Considering how close we got to Iron Maiden exploding in the early 90s due to people not wanting to do it anymore...I'll take this.

LooseCannon - THX!, I'm a little just like the Peter Pan. I don't feel insulted. All right. Just a little conversation, nothing more, peace my friends :)

3. Dickinson hasn't released a solo album since 2005
5. What Adrian side project? His Instagram feed curated entirely by his wife?

Both have works in the making right now. We may not appreciate the tempo but we know they're working on solo albums.

I assume Nicko's side project would be his drum shop, but then he's not there all the time is he? If it was in Florida he probably would be, though. Maybe half and half with it and RnR Ribs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back