Bruce Dickinson

And what are you?

I'm just a fan who loves Bruce.

P.S. that was a joke, so, calm down.
I hope he never does it, so that he keeps winding up everyone who thinks Bruce owes them an album.

Bruce did not owes no one a solo album. But if he release it, it would be great for the music and especially for us, the fans. And you will listen to it, right ?.....

And what are you?
fc,550x550,red.u7.jpg

I hope he never does it, so that he keeps winding up everyone who thinks Bruce owes them an album.
And what are you?

The guy has a fan base and he keeps them (us) 10 years on a backburner. Don't you think we're mildly annoyed. Bruce does not owe us anything the annoyance comes from the fact that he isn't prioritizing this and that the quality might not be on par. No, I don't believe you make a great metal album in between a sales pitch and a TV appearance.

I consider myself a part of that fan base too, but that doesn't mean I get to choose when a new album is coming or that I have the right to complain about what Bruce or the rest of the Maiden camp are doing or planning to do. If an album lands, I'll be as happy as the next guy, but demanding an album is not something I or we are entitled to do. Now, if the whole point is to grumble and complain that we've been forsaken, go ahead. But it's futile and, basically, waste of breath.

A lot of people have expressed the worries about Dickinson doing too much of everything beside the music, during the last couple of years here, I see no difference today. Besides this ain't Maiden safe space, we throw critique around all the time. The best way to tackle this would be the release of a Bruce Dickinson solo album.

I never said Maiden can't be criticized. Seeing people throw fits can be quite entertaining, actually.

I think we touched on this a few pages back. The problem as I see it is that Bruce has no real incentive to record a new album, unlesss he really has something on his chest he needs to get out....

Last edited:
Are people not just expressing their genuine disappointment that he doesn't seem particularly interested or involved in music right now? And we're interested (or at least I am) in Bruce because he's in Iron Maiden. I'm not really that interested in him (what he says, thinks, does) for any other reason.

ShruggedWhenBrucie_____

Are people not just expressing their genuine disappointment that he doesn't seem particularly interested or involved in music right now? And we're interested (or at least I am) in Bruce because he's in Iron Maiden. I'm not really that interested in him (what he says, thinks, does) for any other reason.

ShruggedWhenBrucie_____

From what I can understand people are disappointed in his commitment to what used to be his solo band....He's still delievering 100% in both writing and performing when it comes to Maiden.

I'm sure Freddie Mercury had many fans too that loved Barcelona and Mr. Bad Guy that grumbled when he started putting all his attention back into Queen, but that's just how it is I suppose ;)

Since the drum tracks were recorded earlier in the year (by Dave Moreno), is that means Bruce already have the whole album written ? Probably he has recorded the vocals on demos or the guitar parts by Roy are also done (they are needed for the drums to be recorded, right?). Roy will play bass on the album, I suppose.
In 2017 Bruce has said that he has 6 demo songs sitting in a shelf and waiting to be recorded, so I assume he and Roy at least recorded all guitar parts, then drums and now only left are the bass and the vocals (maybe Bruce is ready with them too) and finally mixing the album. For a songwriter like Bruce should not be a problem to finish a album of probably 10 songs for one year (6 songs were more or less done in 2017).

Back