The Great ALEVIVOR Sleeps At Last... WINNERS!

Vote for your LEAST favorite song!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alestorm-logo.png

Top 10
Wenches & Mead

As one of three songs from Alestorm's debut to last nearly the entirety of the game, "Wenches & Mead" was a worthy contender in the Top 10, but alas, this ode to women and booze has met its end at last. A fun song most assuredly, but there are better. It steals itself a respectable spot at #10.

Again, three votes, and I'm going with "Morgan", "Shipwrecked", and "Mexico".

Same as last round: "Drink", "Mexico" and "Anchor".

2 votes right now for "Captain Morgan" is insane...

So, I've recently re-listened to Sunset recently and I actually think 1741 is a pretty big failure of a song. I find it to be very, very boring - not that Chris couldn't do an epic, but it's pretty jarring compared to the rest of the album, and it's....not that interesting. I think Alestorm has it in them to do a proper pirate epic, but this isn't it.

It's no secret I want "Captain Morgan" to win the game, but "1741" still deserves a top 5 or even top 3 spot in my book. I'm surprised it has more votes than "Drink" or "Anchor".

Alestorm-logo.png

Top 10
1741 (The Battle of Cartagena)
10. Wenches & Mead

To say I'm disappointed that "1741" didn't make it any higher than 9th place is an understatement, especially when there's the other epic, "Sunset on the Golden Age", which could've also been given the axe, and of which the criticisms given to "1741" fit more justly. But oh well. Time to send Captain Morgan to his grave. :ok:

Alestorm-logo.png

Top 10

08. Sunset on the Golden Age
09. 1741 (The Battle of Cartagena)
10. Wenches & Mead

The other (and longer) epic from Sunset on the Golden Age - the title track itself - takes its bow having just beaten its rival. This makes "Drink" the single SotGA song left, and it remains to be seen how high it'll end up.

Back