The Marvel Thread (Spoilers, and language!)

Finished watching Daredevil season 3. Possibly the best season of any Marvel Netflix series, however...

Matt never once put on the red suit! Even after he tells Dex he is coming for the suit. Matt was beat up through the entire season and it never occurs to him that the body armor might help?! The shows producer has said that if there is a season 4, we will see more of Dex. I hope they finally call him Bullseye and he gets his suit.

Obviously now we need a Dex vs Punisher fight!

Finito.

I felt the ending was a bit of a step backwards and started wondering where it's going next. Nelson + Murdock are reformed, Kingpin in prison. So is he going to escape or get broken out again? Or use his influence to compromise the prison? Are we going to get more boring law crap with N/M against Fisk? What can they do in series four that we haven't seen before? It's a shame because Kingpin is my favourite character of the series, but I was almost hoping that Matt would kill him, just to make things more interesting going forward.

Didn't care much for Foggy and Karen's storylines, neither of them seemed to add much to this series.

Lots to like though. The fight choreography was great, I really liked Bullseye and his fighting style, hope we see more of him next series. The final fight between him, Daredevil and Kingpin was great, I like seeing that Kingpin is a real physical threat. I liked Agent Nadeem, good to see an inside look at what working for the FBI when compromised by Fisk would be like. Sad when he died, but it felt necessary and was genuinely shocking.

Darker Matt/Daredevil was cool. The scene with him impersonating Foggy to get inside the prison and the subsequent riot was a thrill. Also amused me that the cabbie did actually wait while all that was going on.

Thank Christ there weren't any ninjas.

It had the typical Marvel Netflix feel of being too long, like the other series' I've seen it could've been cut down to ten episodes without losing anything. Given the recent Marvel purge at Netflix I wonder if they will tighten things up in future? Here's hoping.

Finished DD S3. Incredibly good season.

I could listen to Vincent D'Onofrio as Fisk forever. He's brilliant in the role and continues to be the best antagonist in the MCU. Loved the storyline of him turning the FBI into his goons, perfectly done. If you put him in a cage, how does he use the cage to further his standings? Quite the Xanatos Gambit. Enjoyed the Foggy and Karen backstories, but most of all, Bullseye and Nadeem. Hated that Nadeem died, but I loved the way it pushed Bullseye - and yeah, I thought the fights were great. The newsroom fight, in particular, was on the same level as the hallway fight from S1. Highly recommended.

RIP

Stan Lee’s style of dialog is burned into my brain much the same way Iron Maiden’s riffs are.

Since Captain Marvel & Avengers 4 already wrapped (to my knowledge) & Spider-Man Far From Home is filming, we might see Stan the Man in 2 or 3 more films

God Dammit. Sounds like they'll all end up on this Disney streaming thing then.

Looking into this, I found this interesting note:

Sources note that issues included the total episode count as Netflix wanted to reduce the standard run of 13 to 10 in a bid to tighten the creative.

I'm actually with Netflix there, one common issue with all the Marvel series is that they're too long.

To be fair, I think they'd wrapped up the Daredevil storyline and taken it as far as they could. It ended on a high, which was nice. I reckon the third season of Jessica Jones will also the final one from Netflix.

fans are sayingthe cat at theend of the trailer is a skrull and is going to be the reason Nick loses his eye. Another theory is that this lays the groundwork for the Skrull Invasion in a future film (Avengers 4?). Invasion was a storyline from the comics where we discover some of the characters we know have been replaced by Skrulls working undercover.

The scene near the end where we see CM flying through space blasting the ships makes her look too powerful. Besides remembering her past (we assume she will just in time to save the day) and possibly defeating the skrulls, just don't see much of a plot here. Sure the film will introduce her character (who we assume will help defeat Thanos in Avengers 4), but again, very obvious. Just hope there are some surprises in store.

As a fan of AOS TV show, am glad to see Coulson return to the big screen. Also seeing Nick's past is cool.

Back