What guitar do you play?

I want to get an Ovation acoustic... But I also want another shredder/Strat-to-be-modded-into-a-shredder. Choices!

My Jem is refinished. I have my backup neck on it currently and refretting the original.

An advice: do not buy pre-cut frets. They are almost impossible to bend into your neck's radius.

I want to get an Ovation acoustic... But I also want another shredder/Strat-to-be-modded-into-a-shredder. Choices!

Get a Taylor or a Martin. Ovations sound very plastic. I've got a Taylor 314CE and it's probably the best guitar I've ever bought.

Just ordered a Fender ESC80 for my 7 year old as she's taking guitar lessons in school this year..

Also got myself Daddario Ej11 strings for my CPX 500 after having the same old elixir strings for 4 years (haven't played much) Hoping they'll sound fine

I've got a Taylor 314CE and it's probably the best guitar I've ever bought.

I want to get an acoustic and I've been looking at Taylors. 2000 euros is too much, though, and there are so many different models out there. I tried a couple of Taylors at a guitar shop once but don't remember any differences off the top of my head. Would you recommend anything among the more affordable models?

I want to get an acoustic and I've been looking at Taylors. 2000 euros is too much, though, and there are so many different models out there. I tried a couple of Taylors at a guitar shop once but don't remember any differences off the top of my head. Would you recommend anything among the more affordable models?
Yes. The Mexican ones are amazing too. Especially 114CE.

If you are prepared to pay 900 Euros, this is probably one of the best acoustics for that kind of money.

Let's see if anyone here can help me out. Put together a Strat a while back but for the life of me I cannot get it to play right. It's hard to describe, but there's a "snapping" sound coming from the strings when I play around the 12th fret, almost as if the strings aren't ringing out properly and the high E frets out on that fret. No matter how I adjust the action I can't seem to get rid of it. Could it be a problem with the frets themselves?

Let's see if anyone here can help me out. Put together a Strat a while back but for the life of me I cannot get it to play right. It's hard to describe, but there's a "snapping" sound coming from the strings when I play around the 12th fret, almost as if the strings aren't ringing out properly and the high E frets out on that fret. No matter how I adjust the action I can't seem to get rid of it. Could it be a problem with the frets themselves?
Sounds like your neck is convex. Truss rod adjustment. Just release it slightly.

Carefull with the truss rod. If you don’t have experience in guitar adjusting, it is possible to make more damage so it would be better to take it to a guitar shop.

Thanks fellas. I wondered if the truss would help but I'm pretty hesitant about adjusting it, thought I'd ask here first. Gave it the slightest turn a few hours ago and left it to settle. Will see how it is, if it's no better I'll take it to the shop tomorrow.

Certainly not, if the neck is convex, it would be buzzing on low frets (lower end of the neck)

If it's only one fret, then it's probably fret problem, e.g. 13th fret is too high or 12th is too low

Last edited:
I have that problem on one of my guitars. In my case, the 14th fret is too high. I’m going to have to hammer it down or level it with a stone. If it’s just the one fret it’s probably not the truss rod though.

Was a little better this morning but still not perfect, so into the shop it went. Guy didn't check the frets, reckoned it could be an issue with the scale length, I may have positioned the bridge incorrectly. Mental note: next time buy a body with pre-drilled holes.

Has anyone used Reverb.com to sell equipment? I'm just wanting to know if it's reliable or not.

Back