Thrash Metal

Metal Church has a new cd releasing December 7. Here is debut video. Some tour dates announced in U.S. for next year. They are opening the tour here in Houston!

Saw Dark Angel twice on that tour. 1st time as headliners & the 2nd time opening for Overkill. Met both guitarists and bassist; they were cool. The cd Live Scars was recorded on that tour. Ron was the fastest singer I'd ever heard (not to mention Gene the Atomic Clock on drums)

Saw Dark Angel twice on that tour. 1st time as headliners & the 2nd time opening for Overkill. Met both guitarists and bassist; they were cool. The cd Live Scars was recorded on that tour. Ron was the fastest singer I'd ever heard (not to mention Gene the Atomic Clock on drums)

One of the guitarists must have been Brett Eriksen, he came from another great LA thrash band called Viking before joining Dark Angel in 1990 and played on that tour.

And yeah, what a discography Gene Hoglan has...playing for both Dark Angel and Death, Devin Townsend band, Testament ...also, he's the drummer in Dethklok :p

Yeah Brett replaced founding guitarist Jim Durkin who had to leave for family reasons suddenly. BTW, Brett's brother (lead singer for Viking) sang background vocals on The Promise of Agony and also does so on the live version on Live Scars

After seeing that interview today myself I had to look up what lead singer Ron Rinehart, self proclaimed obnoxius and rude, was doing today.

Turns out he converted to christianity in the late 90s. Here's a talk on his past in the band from last year and the way he looks at most of that now....

Interesting to say the least.

Not a very big fan of thrash metal, but I was really blown away with both 'Phantom Antichrist and Gods of Volience'. Fantastic albums. Very recently I've been listening to a lot of the classic Celtic Frost albums, especially 'Morbid Tales, To Mega Therion and Into the Pandemonium'. 'Vanity Nemesis' is not half bad at all.

Back