Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
This and the acoustic intros, certainly.
And don’t forget “Son Of A Gun” and “Wasting Love”, unless you’re counting those as part of the above. He self-plagiarizes on solos too, though I’d need to go dig up those examples.
Mayde Janick should sue Adrian
Did Adrian ever listen to White Spirit? I’m quite sure Janick listened to “Wasted Years” before ripping it off multiple times on later tracks, so they’d be more than even. (And yes, I know that “Wasted Years” self-plagiarizes “Losfer Words”.)
How about Steve, who basically made every major decision back then?
I have plenty of negative things to say about Steve Harris, the mixed bag to end all mixed bags. When he’s on, he’s brilliant, but when he’s off it’s awful for everyone. He couldn’t phrase his way out of a wet paper bag. He thinks most songs need to have circular structure, even when they don’t. He has no sense of how much repetition is too much repetition. He’s given up on playing bass fills.

I could go on, but why — since any perceived attack on Steve is going to engender an even more exaggerated reaction than a perceived attack on Janick.
You also hold it against him that he copies himself, but you don't hold this against the other members. Steve even copies other artists, Adrian too! But this doesn't seem to be a problem.
Your words, not mine. And not an accurate representation of my point of view. But you are doing a good job of proving my point about fanaticism.
You didn't even have an example of Janick copying himself.
Others provided them before I got a chance to, though I just pointed another one out. Listen for yourself and you’re bound to run into one soon.
Regarding sloppiness, what do you think of Dave these days? He is more sloppy than Janick.
I actually blame Janick’s poor example for allowing Dave to become sloppy during the non-Adrian years. I don’t ever recall Dave having an issue with that prior to Janick joining, but he sure did afterward. Is it coincidence, or is it just a matter of your partner lowering the bar so far that there’s no point in trying?

Believe it or not, it wasn’t my intent to derail the thread with this, so I’m happy to stop if the Make Janick Great Again crowd is.

I doubt people would have much of a problem with those opinions either if they weren't repeated over and over every time the topic of Janick Gers as a guitarist in Iron Maiden is brought up on these forums.

Exactly.

Not sure what any of this has to do with rumours of a new album from Maiden.

I actually blame Janick’s poor example for allowing Dave to become sloppy during the non-Adrian years. I don’t ever recall Dave having an issue with that prior to Janick joining, but he sure did afterward. Is it coincidence, or is it just a matter of your partner lowering the bar so far that there’s no point in trying?
Someone needs to make a Thanks Obama meme with Janick to go with this.

I have plenty of negative things to say about Steve Harris, the mixed bag to end all mixed bags. When he’s on, he’s brilliant, but when he’s off it’s awful for everyone. He couldn’t phrase his way out of a wet paper bag. He thinks most songs need to have circular structure, even when they don’t. He has no sense of how much repetition is too much repetition. He’s given up on playing bass fills.

Too bad Steve Harris didn't take songwriting lessons from you. You really sound like you know what you're talking about, so much more than Steve does..

Too bad Steve Harris didn't take songwriting lessons from you. You really sound like you know what you're talking about, so much more than Steve does..
eFFcyZaR_400x400.jpg

I’m sorry, what were you saying? :p

Copping out of a discussion by bringing up another person's opinion on another issue - no matter how silly that opinion may seem to you - and using it in attempt to defeat them will never be cool.

Copping out of a discussion by bringing up another person's opinion on another issue - no matter how silly that opinion may seem to you - and using it in attempt to defeat them will never be cool.
Empty condescension doesn’t merit a direct response. His comment was predicated on the idea that no one has the standing to critique the songwriting choices of Steve Harris, our lord and saviour, blessed be his name. No answer other than a complete abdication of my point of view would be considered an acceptable response, which is nonsense.

If none of us have the standing to critique Steve’s choices, then who are we to judge the merging of Baphomet and Eddie, ostensibly approved by Steve? Clearly it was a blessed choice that we should never second guess.

With all due respect, you've been very condescending to the people who questioned your opinions, if not more so than them.

With all due respect, you've been very condescending to the people who questioned your opinions, if not more so than them.
And with all due respect, you should re-read what I actually wrote, rather than ascribing intent to me that I didn’t actually display.

And with all due respect, I have, and while I agree with your last post, your previous ones still give off that vibe.

And with all due respect, I have, and while I agree with your last post, your previous ones still give off that vibe.
That’s your personal reading of it. As the author, I can tell you with direct authority that your interpretation is not accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back