Legacy of the Beast Tour Second Leg Rumours & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really doubt that Nicko can make it drumming past 70, given that he said he is starting to have arthritis. So it's until 2021, 2022 at most for Maiden; they will most probably quit as a whole if one of them becomes unable to tour anymore.

It actually could easily if they do NZ / Australia and a another stop in Europe for 2020
And that would be useless. As useless as the 2014 ME tour leg.

Almost every song sounded tired. The band seemed sick of playing some of them. H even openly said that he is tired of playing 2MTM for 4 years straight. Aces High in 2014 was borderline unlistenable. The tempos were sooo slow.

Every performance in 2014 seemed to me like: Oh fuck, we need to play Moonchild/CIPWM/2MTM/Beast/RTTH/FOTD/IM/Aces High/TETMD again... Let's get this over with and get to the studio ASAP. The only song that sounded fresh in that set was Revelations. Even SSOASS was dragged in 2014.

In short, I don't want that to happen again.

Didn't Steve say in an interview that he not only would like to do another album, but maybe even 2.

If this is the case, then Steve is either being really unrealistic, or there's no LOTB 2020. I'd hope for the latter, but favour the former

Oh, please no three year cabarets. At this rate they're only likely to get one more album as it is, but I'd take that ahead of more nostalgia tours any day.

And that would be useless. As useless as the 2014 ME tour leg.

Almost every song sounded tired. The band seemed sick of playing some of them. H even openly said that he is tired of playing 2MTM for 4 years straight. Aces High in 2014 was borderline unlistenable. The tempos were sooo slow.

Every performance in 2014 seemed to me like: Oh fuck, we need to play Moonchild/CIPWM/2MTM/Beast/RTTH/FOTD/IM/Aces High/TETMD again... Let's get this over with and get to the studio ASAP. The only song that sounded fresh in that set was Revelations. Even SSOASS was dragged in 2014.

In short, I don't want that to happen again.

Don't think anyone does but at this stage they would (especially smallwood) milk tours for as long as they can as opposed to rushing into an album which will be there last anyway. If this was a decade ago the new album would have been the top priority .

It probably wont happen like that anyway a leg 3 would be pointless

Didn't Steve say in an interview that he not only would like to do another album, but maybe even 2.

If this is the case, then Steve is either being really unrealistic, or there's no LOTB 2020. I'd hope for the latter, but favour the former

Didnt he also suggest the idea of releasing new music even if the band was unable to tour? Correct me if im wrong but I dont think that was ruled out.

I would be very dissappointed if this tour turns into a 3-year tour without a new album.

I agree - this tour is spectacular, but new album is another thing. When so many bands announces or releases new albums on 3 years or recently, I patiently waiting for the news that Maiden have started to write the new album. :blush:

Journalists from Argentina state Iron Maiden (as headliner) and The Scorpions (Special Guest) are going to tour South America together in October 2019. They'll visit Brasil (multiple shows), Argentina (probably 2 gigs in Buenos Ares and Cordoba), Chile (Estadio National de Santiago), Peru (Estadio National) and Colombia (prob. Simon Bolivar Park). Probably no chances for Oceanian or Asian leg of the tour.

Journalists from Argentina state Iron Maiden (as headliner) and The Scorpions (Special Guest) are going to tour South America together in October 2019. They'll visit Brasil (multiple shows), Argentina (probably 2 gigs in Buenos Ares and Cordoba), Chile (Estadio National de Santiago), Peru (Estadio National) and Colombia (prob. Simon Bolivar Park). Probably no chances for Oceanian or Asian leg of the tour.
Well, they could start with Australia in May or so, then go to USA and then to SA.

But I still think that'll be Europe-USA-SA.

So am I. I think May - July: European Leg, July - September: North American an then South American in October with Scorpions.

Last year's European leg was pretty extensive. Do you really think they'll do another 2 months long tour? Are there so many places left to play (that they didn't play last year), especially considering there's probably not going to be another UK tour? Me thinks if they do tour in Europe it's probably going to be a relatively small leg, with some festivals. Though in theory it could spread over a couple of months even if they do a limited number of shows.

If they don't tour Europe next year, I fear they will do a third LOTB leg in 2020. There is definitely more interest in Europe to see this show. With some shows in Europe next year I could see them do something different in 2020.

Last year's European leg was pretty extensive. Do you really think they'll do another 2 months long tour? Are there so many places left to play (that they didn't play last year), especially considering there's probably not going to be another UK tour? Me thinks if they do tour in Europe it's probably going to be a relatively small leg, with some festivals. Though in theory it could spread over a couple of months even if they do a limited number of shows.

I also think that. Download plus a few arena shows in continental Europe. 10 shows max.

So not only a new album is an unrealistic expectation for next year, it's even questionable for 2020. Great.
What I hoped for is an album next year, and then final album release in 2025, 50 years after the debut. That would've been something.

Besides, if anyone knows the true shape of Nicko it's Steve Harris. If he says he'd like to do two more albums it seems to me that Nicko either can do it, or will be replaced.

Yeah, I can't really see them touring extensively. Now, since I refuse to go to a UK festival (being human and not a pig) I am hoping for a Saturday show somewhere with a direct connection from London. I would absolutely love to see this show one more time.

Yeah, I can't really see them touring extensively. Now, since I refuse to go to a UK festival (being human and not a pig) I am hoping for a Saturday show somewhere with a direct connection from London. I would absolutely love to see this show one more time.

The one UK festival I went to was the cleanest and best organised outdoor event I've ever seen, especially when compared to all the German ones.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't go to a German one either. And when I say I am not a pig I am refering to the weather and only the weather. For me festivals are only for the south of Europe. Sunshine, warm weather and cold beers.

If this thing about Scorpions is true then how the fuck can South America get such a good support ban when most of Europe gets generic radio friendly Rock bands like Shinedown and The Raven Age?

If this thing about Scorpions is true then how the fuck can South America get such a good support ban when most of Europe gets generic radio friendly Rock bands like Shinedown and The Raven Age?
South American fans cry more during shows. You should try it, start a trend in the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back