Rant Thread

That would imply that people are actually honest on social networks. All that data, being used for targeted business and marketing, should've been a quantum leap in there. Yet still the best sites such as Google, FB, Amazon, their "AI", will be happy to recommend 1000 toilet bowls after you purchased your toilet bowl. Seems to me that data is bullshit. Which it is ;)

A couple of nights ago when I was leaving Tesco a homeless looking man was walking close to me which I was quite wary of. Eventually he spoke to me, asking "Excuse me, are you English?"

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I was outraged obviously, but I answered the question truthfully with a very stern expression. The man just wanted to ask if I could give him some money (60 pence, a very specific amount) but I didn't give him any. If I had happened to be in a somewhat charitable and generous mood that evening then he would have just ruined his chances of getting any money from me. English? No fucking way.

In hindsight I should've just answered in another language. That would've been fun.

Have you replaced your sporran with a teacup holster? I can see how that would lead to confusion.
838b6084d5eb3c585157152f1aa638e4.jpg

That would imply that people are actually honest on social networks. All that data, being used for targeted business and marketing, should've been a quantum leap in there. Yet still the best sites such as Google, FB, Amazon, their "AI", will be happy to recommend 1000 toilet bowls after you purchased your toilet bowl. Seems to me that data is bullshit. Which it is ;)
Honesty isn't relevant when their photo album is so revealing. :p

A couple of nights ago when I was leaving Tesco a homeless looking man was walking close to me which I was quite wary of. Eventually he spoke to me, asking "Excuse me, are you English?"

I was outraged obviously, but I answered the question truthfully with a very stern expression. The man just wanted to ask if I could give him some money (60 pence, a very specific amount) but I didn't give him any. If I had happened to be in a somewhat charitable and generous mood that evening then he would have just ruined his chances of getting any money from me. English? No fucking way.

In hindsight I should've just answered in another language. That would've been fun.
Apart from the accent, I find you pretty English. *runs in opposite direction of England Scotland*

You tight-fisted Scot!!!

Aren't Scots and English basically the same?

If you told him you were Scottish, why did he even bother to ask you for money?

Great, they changed the website I use for 99% of my work. Now I have no idea what I'm doing. For fuck's fucking sake.

Great, they changed the website I use for 99% of my work. Now I have no idea what I'm doing. For fuck's fucking sake.
Let's be honest here. You didn't know what you were doing in the first place, did you?
Aren't Scots and English basically the same?
Not as similar as Serbs and Croats etc. :p
Apart from the accent, I find you pretty English. *runs in opposite direction of England Scotland*
Fucking German.:mad:
If you told him you were Scottish, why did he even bother to ask you for money?
I didn't tell him that I'm Scottish. I only told him that I'm not English.

Back