Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

The initial thought in my head after my first day of work: I'm not leaving the house for work without painkillers ever again.

So, back from RIAT. We attended the airshow all three days (Friday through Sunday) and most of the time, the weather permitted great flying displays. However, there was rain and a brief period of thunder on Friday afternoon ... just when they had scheduled the big RAF Centenary flypast. So that one was cancelled :( They had a smaller flypast on Saturday and Sunday, with only the Eurofighters and the formation of a Lancaster, a Tornado and an F-35.

But we got to see the Great War Display Team twice. The announcer remembered to mention that one of the Fokker Dr1s belonged to a certain singer (but was not flown by him on this weekend).

Also, there was a Sukhoi Su-27 this time around. Always fun to see a jet I haven't seen flying before.

And ... on Saturday, the announcer told that there would be a little surprise. I was half expecting Air Force One or something like that, but we got something much better; a B-2 Spirit (!!!) flanked by two F-15s.

I got a voicemail with nothing but the sound of fucking airplanes. <_<

I also submitted my PhD thesis today. :clap:

JId1jfM.jpg

So my phone was up to that much mischief whilst in my pocket. Sorry Wiz!

It seems it also changed the clock format to AM/PM, took a screenshot of itself, and had created a draft SMS to my flying instructor (without sending it though). When I got it out of my pocket, the battery was almost dead and the screen unreadable, so I didn't find out those things until I got back to the hotel and could charge it.

But sod that stupid phone. Major congratulations on submitting your thesis!

Red_Arrows%2C_split%2C_Radom_AirShow_2005%2C_Poland.jpg

And ... on Saturday, the announcer told that there would be a little surprise. I was half expecting Air Force One or something like that, but we got something much better; a B-2 Spirit (!!!) flanked by two F-15s.
Oh Christ, that’s really cool! Love that airplane.

One more thing about the big flypast that didn't happen: Yesterday we went to Newark Air Museum. While there, we met some other people who had also attended RIAT. One of them had talked to an Australian guy who had come all the way from Oz, with ticket for Friday only, mainly for that particular event :facepalm:

So, back from RIAT. We attended the airshow all three days (Friday through Sunday) and most of the time, the weather permitted great flying displays. However, there was rain and a brief period of thunder on Friday afternoon ... just when they had scheduled the big RAF Centenary flypast. So that one was cancelled :( They had a smaller flypast on Saturday and Sunday, with only the Eurofighters and the formation of a Lancaster, a Tornado and an F-35.

But we got to see the Great War Display Team twice. The announcer remembered to mention that one of the Fokker Dr1s belonged to a certain singer (but was not flown by him on this weekend).

Also, there was a Sukhoi Su-27 this time around. Always fun to see a jet I haven't seen flying before.

You got an F-35 and a B-2? Nice! Su-27s used to be a staple of all the old RAF airshows (before they stopped running them all, probably because of the costs involved). I was wondering if there'd be a visit from an V-22 Osprey. There's been some in the country for a while now, and it looks like they were on Trump taxi duty last week.

Are you sure you didn't send that message to Wiz on purpose? :D

Su-27s used to be a staple of all the old RAF airshows

Farnborough used to be a great sales display for Sukhoi. Flankers are the air show kings, the first supermaneuverable aircraft, with the variants and upgrades always being the most maneuverable aircraft in the world in the low speed range, the most effective speed domain for airshows ;) The F-15C had better transsonic behaviour than Su-27S but 900kph maneuvers aren't easily demonstrated to a ground-based public.

I was wondering if there'd be a visit from an V-22 Osprey. There's been some in the country for a while now, and it looks like they were on Trump taxi duty last week.

I'd like to think the Fleet Air Arm got a look at those Ospreys - a big carrier needs some AEW, after all

I was translating a document that mentioned someone with the last name Clutterbuck, I realized I had written it down as Clusterfuck in the translation in the final review.
the-walking-dead-season-8-rick-lincoln-700x1000-cast.jpg

Farnborough used to be a great sales display for Sukhoi. Flankers are the air show kings, the first supermaneuverable aircraft, with the variants and upgrades always being the most maneuverable aircraft in the world in the low speed range, the most effective speed domain for airshows ;) The F-15C had better transsonic behaviour than Su-27S but 900kph maneuvers aren't easily demonstrated to a ground-based public.
It was a couple of display teams on the airshow circuit, mainly. It was a great crowd pleaser.

Back