2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia (Maidenfans WC Pool inside)

OK, that's probably not realistic (but I'm not ruling it out). The Iranians should not count on that and really try to win themselves.

The worst ever match in international football is the infamous one between Germany and Austria in 1982 where they conspired to eliminate Algeria and advance together.
I think something similar happened to Scotland once too. Sad!

FIFA has decided not to punish the Swiss players who made the Albanian eagle gesture on Friday. Bizarrely one of them was Stephan Lichtsteiner who appears to have no connection to Albania or Kosovo whatsoever. Reflecting on this incident further, I have realized that this was quite a foolish thing to do. Firstly, while I think these guys are entitled to pay tribute to their ethnic homeland and highlight human rights abuses, to do so at a football match in front of a particularly volatile set of supporters was a potentially dangerous thing to do. Also, both Granit Xhaka and Stephan Lichtsteiner are Arsenal players - a club who will be in the UEFA Cup this season. It's not inconceivable that Arsenal could draw Red Star or Partizan Belgrade at some point in the competition, or even a Bosnian team from the majority Serb region, so Arsenal may have to err on the side of caution and leave their two Swiss players at home which could potentially affect the team's result. The same goes for Xerdan Shaqiri who has been linked to Liverpool recently (which would make Night Prowler hate him more!) and may have to travel to the Balkans for European fixtures. I'm surprised these guys haven't at least been given a slap on the wrist and I suspect the lack of punishment will inflame the Serbian FA's victim feelings further.

The worst ever match in international football is the infamous one between Germany and Austria in 1982 where they conspired to eliminate Algeria and advance together.

The Shame of Gijón. It's almost as deeply ingrained in German memory as the Miracle of Berne and the Wembley Goal.

The 1983 Spain-Malta deal is a black day in the history of football as well. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spain_12–1_Malta

Four days before the game, the Netherlands defeated Malta 5–0 and finished their qualification schedule with 13 points and a goal difference of +16. If Spain won their final qualifier and thus also finished on 13 points, then goal difference would decide which team qualified.

With a goal difference of +5, Spain would need to defeat Malta by a margin of 11 or more goals to qualify. The team had only managed to score 12 goals in their previous seven matches, and before the game the Maltese goalkeeper, John Bonello, said: "Spain couldn't even score 11 goals against a team of children."

When half-time came and the scoreline was 3–1 to Spain, few expected them to score enough goals to qualify. However, Juan Antonio Señor, who had missed a penalty kick awarded to Spain in the second minute of the first half, scored Spain's 12th and last goal in the 88th minute.

Last edited:
If Pique missed that ball, it would've been straight red. And yes, even if he hit the ball he deserved a yelliw for this.

1-0 Morocco!
That goal has put...

6802655619_94bfb76881_b.jpg

Ronaldo & team is having quite a hard time against Vuvuzelastan.

Back