The Prophecy

How good is The Prophecy on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Quite underrated song, if you ask me. I find it to be brilliant and on par with, say, "Moonchild", "Infinite Dreams", "The Evil That Men Do". The music has an apocalyptic feel to it, mirroring the destruction of the village mentioned in the lyrics and leaving a strong sense of doom. I particularly like the interlude before the solos (2:05-2:23) and the acoustic ending. Those parts were just meant to be on this song, they fit perfectly within the context of it. 9.

6/10

The main problem for me is that it only really makes sense within the context of the album, which weakens it as an individual song. The ending acoustic bit and most of the guitar work save it.

A transition song, it works well for the flow on the album, but doesnt really hold up on it's own. Some nice parts but nothing more.

This song has the rhythm of quest for fire but with greater power, vocals and lyrics. It's the third best song on the album IMO. One of my favorite underrated songs and vocally impossible to do live unless Steve does the advocate singing

A beautiful soft guitar intro is joined by sweet guitar harmonies before breaking into a rhythmically busy riff and an unfortunately rote and oddly phrased verse. This leads into a more interesting tradeoff vocal in the pre-chorus that leads into yet another pre-chorus ("I'll take your life in my hands") -- no, wait, I guess that was the chorus. Hmm, not very effective in that role.

This leads into a nice harmonized interlude with some neoclassical feel before breaking into an excellent solo that rolls back into the verse. Another round of verse through chorus and we fall into a harmonized interlude that eventually dissolves into a gorgeous extended acoustic outro.

The music and lyrics here are all excellent, but the verse has vocal melody and phrasing problems, and the chorus doesn't feel like a chorus at all. On balance, I think I would still round this up to a 7/10.

A calm opening turns into an intriguing bit about the Seventh Son warning a village of disaster and them turning a deaf ear to him. Bruce does a great job with the vocals, and the outro is cool, but as a whole, this is the low point of the album and not outstanding enough among the rest of the discography. 6

Fantastic intro from Dave (as always), great verses and the chorus is not bad. The twin-lead guitar medieval harmonies are awesome - pure greatness. Dave's solo is great too. The outro is magical - unique and superb way to end a song. 7/10

Last edited:
The Seventh Son has chosen a side. The good has won and
conscious young man uses power over his powers towards
benefit of.
Lucifer, with motives of revenge or perhaps with the hope of his conversion
young man, plans a disaster on the young man's village. The Seventh Son,
trying to protect people, he prophesies the impending
disaster and warns them. The young man feels a deep sense of injustice
because while he uses his powers, which he considers a curse, for
thanks to the whole, it ignores him.
The plan of Eusphorus has been implemented. The
holocaust is coming, the village is destroyed and the
survivors turn against the Seventh Son,
accusing him that his prophecies caused it
evil bringing a curse on the village. It is a development that
agrees with the words of Jesus in the New Testament
"There is no prophet dishonorable except in the homeland
in him and in his house "(Matthew, 13:57)," There is not
prophet dishonorable except
in his homeland and in
his relatives and at home
of "(Mark, 6: 4)," Verily I say unto you, That no man
a prophet is not accepted in his homeland. "
(Luke 4:24)
The symbol that accompanies the lyrics in
insert is a variant of the "Winged Disc" of Ancient Egypt, the
which was probably inspired by the ancient Egyptians from the crown that
appeared around the Sun during a total eclipse.
It was a symbol of divine supervision, protection or kingdom.

The most narrative heavy song on the album, with some cool guitar parts (particularly that last solo is sweet), and a pacier performance from all involved. Not nearly as good as its preceding song though and doesn’t make as much of a statement as some of the other tracks. 7/10

People are saying 'Dave's solo is great' (indeed is), but, Adrian takes off from 2:45 to 2:57 and most didn't notice, as it seems.

Would you look at that, a clean intro with distorted lead guitars; another Murray/Harris composition! Love the way the leads are stacked in this one and the structure of the entire piece is rather surprising compared to other songs by this duo. We get another song with a triplet feel, but this time it's mostly mid-tempo. We get plenty of almost neo-classical melodies at various parts of the song, but there are always sections like the solo that brings us back to familiar Maiden territory.

The "purgatory beckons" sections feature very different approaches to vocals and something we'd hear done by Eric Adams of Manowar fame, so it's surprising but not unwelcome to hear Bruce do something like that.
Another rather unique decision was the ending of the song. I usually hate fade-outs. This song doesn't just have one, but two. The first one I don't really care about, but it gives way to an absolutely gorgeous acoustic section, which also fades out. It almost feels like a lullaby and you're drifting off to sleep. Even I have to admit that it works great for this song. This one is the last 10 on the album and the last song where I didn't have some kind of complaint that drags the score down ever so slightly.

Back