Guess The Iron Maiden Song!

Aaaaand no.

Clue #1: It duels with lines, apparently
Clue #2: The repetition is strong with this one.
Clue #3: Decidedly not what Greg Brown had in mind.
Clue #4: You can hear Maiden in other bands, but can you hear other bands in Maiden?
Clue #5: It's over 7 minutes, but under 10.
Clue #6: Both H and Davey solo on this track.
Clue #7: Suprisingly, it has been played live. I'm still waiting for the official release.
Clue #8: Although he doesn't solo, Janick is there somewhere, I know it.

The Longest Day

PS the game is much easier when the clue-giver recaps the incorrect guesses regularly ;) ("No More Lies" has been suggested twice - the first time before clue #7)

The Longest Day

:applause:

Clue #1: It duels with lines, apparently - okay, like I said, this was a tough one. You see, the D-Day has been famously depicted in two famous movies - The Longest Day which gave the song its title (well, it was the movie or the book, I guess it was the movie) and Saving Private Ryan - which was a prominent example of two movies duelling together - with Thin Red Line, that is - both were nearly 3 hours long WWII flicks with stellar cast that hit the theaters at almost the same time, competed with each other for many of the awards and divided both the critics and the audiences.

Clue #2: The repetition is strong with this one - not just the chorus, but the two almost identical buildups in the first half of the song...

Clue #3: Decidedly not what Greg Brown had in mind. - The singer-songwriter Greg Brown's first album (and title song) is called 44 & 66. He talks about cars, IIRC, but 6th of July, 1944...

Clue #4: You can hear Maiden in other bands, but can you hear other bands in Maiden? - This was a not-too-subtle hint at Sabaton, whose themes are covered here pretty nicely (indeed, of course they made a song with 66/44 thematics as well (well, it was the first song off their first album))

Clue #5: It's over 7 minutes, but under 10. - pretty self-explanatory
Clue #6: Both H and Davey solo on this track.- pretty self-explanatory
Clue #7: Suprisingly, it has been played live. I'm still waiting for the official release. - pretty self-explanatory
Clue #8: Although he doesn't solo, Janick is there somewhere, I know it.- it's a reunion track

:applause:

Clue #1: It duels with lines, apparently - okay, like I said, this was a tough one. You see, the D-Day has been famously depicted in two famous movies - The Longest Day which gave the song its title (well, it was the movie or the book, I guess it was the movie) and Saving Private Ryan - which was a prominent example of two movies duelling together - with Thin Red Line, that is - both were nearly 3 hours long WWII flicks with stellar cast that hit the theaters at almost the same time, competed with each other for many of the awards and divided both the critics and the audiences.

Clue #2: The repetition is strong with this one - not just the chorus, but the two almost identical buildups in the first half of the song...

Clue #3: Decidedly not what Greg Brown had in mind. - The singer-songwriter Greg Brown's first album (and title song) is called 44 & 66. He talks about cars, IIRC, but 6th of July, 1944...

Clue #4: You can hear Maiden in other bands, but can you hear other bands in Maiden? - This was a not-too-subtle hint at Sabaton, whose themes are covered here pretty nicely (indeed, of course they made a song with 66/44 thematics as well (well, it was the first song off their first album))

Clue #5: It's over 7 minutes, but under 10. - pretty self-explanatory
Clue #6: Both H and Davey solo on this track.- pretty self-explanatory
Clue #7: Suprisingly, it has been played live. I'm still waiting for the official release. - pretty self-explanatory
Clue #8: Although he doesn't solo, Janick is there somewhere, I know it.- it's a reunion track
Bugger.

No

Clue #1:
"Hello!"
"F**k off!"
"..."
"..."

Clue #2: Clue #2:Clue #2:Clue #2:Clue #2:Clue #2:Clue #2:Clue #2: > :nuts2:

Incorrect guesses: Losfer Words (Big 'Orra) / No More Lies/ The Thin Line Between Love and Hate

Back