Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d like an album with shorter powerful songs, maybe they should get Andy Sneap from Priest involved, wouldn’t be a bad idea? Firepower is superb.

Considering the low amount of dates for the LOTB tour, maybe Maiden have plans to write a new album 'till the end of the year. Then, probably they will finish the tour in mid 2019 and at the end of the year they will release it with a tour for 2020/2021.

I wondering how good are the chances that they will start to record the album after the tour finish in August 2018 - if I'm not wrong someone said that they booked a studio in Paris for 2018, what happened with that rumour ?

I don't get it why everyone wants short songs.
Don't get me wrong, I love songs like Speed of light or Death or glory but I don't think they would do better just composing songs like that.
I think Maiden are great right now with the style they have.

Considering the low amount of dates for the LOTB tour, maybe Maiden have plans to write a new album 'till the end of the year. Then, probably they will finish the tour in mid 2019 and at the end of the year they will release it with a tour for 2020/2021.

I wondering how good are the chances that they will start to record the album after the tour finish in August 2018 - if I'm not wrong someone said that they booked a studio in Paris for 2018, what happened with that rumour ?

At the end of last year, people were absolutely convinced they'd use the long time between January and May to write and record a new album. It went so far that some people had stated is as a fact and I had to defend myself for considering it unlikely. So don't hold your breath.

Plus they've hinted at another Legacy tour next year, so we're probably going to be waiting until 2020 for a new album.

Plus they've hinted at another Legacy tour next year, so we're probably going to be waiting until 2020 for a new album.

Agreed. I wouldn't quite rule out late 2019 release, but album early 2020 and tour starting in spring sounds a bit more realistic.

While I've grown more doubtful as 2018 has progressed, I still wonder if 2018 could be the year of Iron Maiden's next new studio album. First off, there was a 10-month break between the massive Book Of Souls Tour (ended late July last year) and the upcoming Legacy Of The Beast Tour starting late May. Who knows what the band could have been up to with a 10-month hiatus from touring a hugely successful tour following one of their heaviest (and darkest since probably The X Factor) albums on record? Which brings us to another point...

Bruce Dickinson, as a musician at any rate, has been highly critical of our music-download generation. News of the previous new studio album, TBOS, didn't make the Internet until sometime between March and May prior to its September release. The only clue we had prior to that Spring was a Christmas 2014 postcard that hinted, not outright declared, a new album sometime in 2015. It seems like since The Final Frontier Iron Maiden gets a little more tight-lipped about musical developments with each new album. With Bruce's words on music downloading and being in a band that always has the element of surprise, who could blame them? It also makes sense in a way.

Finally, rake in the statistics of the development of TBOS... If there is any truth to Wikipedia (and I highly doubt users would have legit reason to lie about or fabricate this detail), it basically only took 3-4 months for Iron Maiden to record TBOS (September-December 2014). Not just any album, but a double album that clocked in at over 90 minutes long. Two of the songs of which are equal to or greater than Rime Of The Ancient Mariner in playtime. Who knows what Iron Maiden could have been up to on a 10-month break from touring with vague answers about new albums or, as Dave Murray put it, "surprises" for 2018? Iron Maiden has tended to put out studio albums around late Summer/early Autumn since Dance Of Death. Maybe it would throw everyone off if Iron Maiden wanted their studio or staff to release the album at random mid-tour during Legacy Of The Beast? Surprises abound, indeed...

The Legacy of The Beast Tour is supposed to go into 2019 as another gargantuan world tour like TBOS and numerous other Maiden tours. If a new studio album isn't released this year, 2020 or, for superstitious/astrological reasons, 2022 would be my second guess for the next new studio album (not to mention The Number Of The Beast album turning 40).

Last edited:
I think we could be thrown a curveball at the end of this short tour, in the latest fan club mag Dave Shack has stated that there is other stuff they can't tell us about yet, Rod Smallwood hinted in an interview for Planet Rock that they love recording and let slip they are recording now, I could be mistaken but this could be similar to 2003 where on the GMETID tour they unleashed wildest dreams and released DOD the same year after a short European run, I'm sure the band have something in the pipeline before the end of the year

Who knows what the band could have been up to with a 10-month hiatus from touring
Book tours, motivational speeches, opening drum stores, fishing, enjoying life etc. Unlike the 80's, Maiden's lives aren't all about recording/touring. They've got other interests, other stuff to do. And maybe that's why they still are active.

Book tours, motivational speeches, opening drum stores, fishing, enjoying life etc. Unlike the 80's, Maiden's lives aren't all about recording/touring. They've got other interests, other stuff to do. And maybe that's why they still are active.

Spot on. Bruce has allegedly been working on a solo album too.

I think new album will be released in autumn 2019. Tour will start in the beginning of 2020 in Asia/south America.

Pretty sure we’re closer to get new Bruce/British lion albums than a Maiden album, but hope I’m wrong of course.

I believe the forum may have shit its collective self had Rod said those exact words

I have watched the interview again and Rod says that he is pretty sure there will be another album, but nothing about it being recorded. He also mentions that the only thing they need is to keep Nicko fit, so I guess they see him as key him to the future of the band.

There might have been another interview with Rod that I could have missed though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back