History of Iron Maiden Part 4...

I would like history part 4 covering No Prayer through Virtual XI and after Maiden retire, part 5 covering from when Bruce and Adrian rejoined the band and the years that followed.

There is pro recorded footage from the X Factor Tour. It's the infamous show where Blaze gets spitted on and gets pissed:

More than likely, I'd say that's probably what we'll get as far as the eras covered in History Part 4 and 5. With the 3 concert releases (all with some documentary stuff), plus the AMOLAD making-of documentary that came with the album, the Reunion era is pretty well...documented. But I'd still want to see a History Doc about it too.

As far as the possible Blaze live albums, yikes I hope they wouldn't use the Santiago, Chile '96 footage/audio. End of the tour, Blaze's voice is well blown by then, pretty bad. I'm hoping for the Gothenburg one. No video, I don't think, but it was recorded for radio broadcast, and the sound is quite good--even more so after Maiden cleaned it up for use on Best of the Beast/B-Sides. It's early in the tour, he sounds for the most part as good as he probably could onstage with Maiden.

I'd have to listen to it again, but the Curitiba '98 show I don't remember his voice being too shot, even though it was the end of the tour. And if I remember correctly, possibly his last show with Maiden(?). The sound was good, and probably would make for a decent live album. It's been a good while since I listened to it, though. Strange that he sounds much better nowadays live than he did then, but of course he sticks to material in his vocal range, which just might help a smidge. ;)

And if I remember correctly, possibly his last show with Maiden(?)

No, the last one is from a few days later in Buenos Aires. I have the bootleg; the performance is amazing, and it's one of Blaze's best shows with Maiden.

There is actually a lot of cool promotion stuff from MTV and other channels during the 90s. There is a full No Prayer On The Road documentary, MTV making of Fear of The Dark. Several Headbangers Ball episodes featuring Maiden. Lots of TV promo work done during the Blaze era to introduce the guy - TV appearances, Top of The Pops, Most Wanted etc etc etc...

Definitely enough to make an interesting part 4 if they could get their hands on this and restore it for release.

Had forgotten about this Eddie! Nicko is really behind it, instead of under it, hehe
11011474_10152775964672051_8804338309594405998_n.jpg

Yeah and it has the big hands on the side of the stage like the Somewhere In Time and Fear of The Dark tour Eddies I believe.

haha it actually falls down in front of Nicko. I don't think that was planned, there's at least one visible Maiden crew guy putting it back up. Nicko looks well pissed as he gets up from the drum stool. Spinal-Tap moment!

Last edited:
So South America was basically the only sanctuary (no pun intended) for Iron Maiden during the mid-to-late nineties... There's a significant crowd there, as opposed to the few-thousand crowds in Europe and USA...

Maiden had significant crowds here as well. At least, in my country they didn't play in smaller venues. E.g.:

In 1992 it was the same as in 2006.
In 1995 it was the same as in 1984.
In 1998 it was the same as in 1999 and 2003.

Last edited:
I think a package consisting of "Live at Donnington" and "Raising Hell" would make the most sense. I don't see either one of those titles selling enough as a standalone title, need to combine them and pad it out with extras to go with the documentary, much like they did with the first volume, combining "Live at the Rainbow" with several extras and rarities.

However...since this thread was last commented on in 2015, it's very much become a streaming world we live in now. So they may be done with them.

Maiden had significant crowds here as well. At least, in my country they didn't play in smaller venues. E.g.:

In 1992 it was the same as in 2006.
In 1995 it was the same as in 1984.
In 1998 it was the same as in 1999 and 2003.

Were the attendances similar every time they played those venues?

Were ticket prices similar in 1998, 1999, and 2003?

It would be interesting the see the boxscores.

Last edited:
I think it would have to be Raising Hell as LAD92 is unwatchable unless they have a unedited version in the volts.

I’d be interested to see a bonus Blaze concert.

Hope they put more into part 4 than they did the last one

Though the part 3 documentary wasn’t put together quite as well as the previous two, I’ve enjoyed the series and wouldn’t like to see it end there. Definitely want more and obviously it is coming to quite an interesting time in the bands history with first Adrian leaving and then Bruce. As for bonus features, neither Raising Hell or Live at Donnington were my favourite VHS releases, but it has been so long since I have seen them it would be good to view them again.

So South America was basically the only sanctuary (no pun intended) for Iron Maiden during the mid-to-late nineties... There's a significant crowd there, as opposed to the few-thousand crowds in Europe and USA...

Greece put both Blaze albums straight in at number 1 in the charts.

Given that they put up all their history documentaries on YouTube, I'd wager it won't happen.

I think we'll get part four but they'll put it on youtube and won't bother making a dvd release of it.

Back