Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know about their physical problems so I think is this tour and the farewell tour. If they put out a album maybe will be Kind of b sides

I can totally see this as their last tour and then they'll release an album but not tour with it.
Yeah, this is kinda what I'm starting to think might be in the cards too. I think they do wanna do another album, but realistically I don't think they're going to tour in support of it. This was something that was mentioned as an option before by the band, so they're obviously not fundamentally against the idea.

Actually, do we have a general speculation thread for the future of Maiden? I know there's one for the next album, but maybe we should have a space to chat about this since no doubt we've only got a few years left of this band, even if they decide to go forward with another drummer (which is incredibly unlikely in itself).

If it's any consolation people were saying this about the last tour...and the tour before that....and the tour before that one. Heck, I even remember Maiden being asked the same question in the 90s. :)

Icarus will be in the set. I'm 90% sure about that.

And I hope it's not the only surprise.

Bruce said in an interview "We are going to play songs that make people say "Fuckin hell, they actually played that?" I hope he's not talking about wrathchild

that would imply a few surprises and Rod said it would be a handful of 80s songs plus some songs from their last few albums (on Maiden's website)

I think the emphasis of the setlist will be on the Fear of the Dark album, because the TBOS cover had Eddie stepping out of a black void (running away from darkness for fear of it), the LOTB promo artwork is very bright (no dark spots because they're afraid of it), plus it'd obvious anyway. FOTD will be played, BQOBD is all but confirmed, ATSS was teased in the Maiden England tour, From Here to Eternity is a natural companion to Flight of Icarus, which is also confirmed, and they'll be stupid not to play Wasting Love after all this. It's also obvious that ATG will be played because everybody here is talking about it, and there's no smoke without fire. They will also record a new album after the 2018 leg of the tour, because duh.

So here's my (75% CONFIRMED) setlist prediction:

Be Quick or be Dead
The Trooper
The Clairvoyant
Flight of Icarus
From Here to Eternity
The Prophecy (Because this is what tbis setlist is, + SSOASS anniversary)
Wasting Love
Alexander the Great intro to tease everyone
The Angel And The Gambler(Don't You Think I'm A Savior super extended remix)

The Nomad (Obvious after lawsuit)
Afraid to Shoot Strangers
Another Life (History tour favourite)
Aces High
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Run to the Hills
Wasted Years

It's REALLY obvious, and you're all Nazis if you don't see this.
You're a Nazi for not posting the 100% CONFIRMED setlist so I fixed it for you.

Not a handful of 80s songs, but a handful from later albums.

you're right... I worded it wrong.. Here is the actual word for word quote..

"a number of different but interlocking ‘worlds’ with a setlist covering a large selection of 80s material with a handful of surprises from later albums"

what I was getting at was it's an 80s tour with newer material thrown in by the looks of it. I hope it's an even divide but that may separate great rare 80s songs for newer stuff or classics.... We will all see one month from yesterday.... crazy it's that close.... someone should put a warning on whether spoilers are allowed or not in this thread when the time comes.... The band may even stream the show like last year... I do have my hopes up this tour more than the past 3 history tours of which were disappointing after they left out key songs from albums they covered that are miles better than the ones they chose

It's so fucking vague though that you won't be able to really criticise them for leaving out "key songs" this time around. My biggest fear is that this rolls into 2019/20 with mutiple legs like ME did. That would be a criminal waste of the time they have left.

The Maiden England tour did drag on a bit. There was no need for a third leg, but I did get to see 'Revelations' played live, which was nice.

It's so fucking vague though that you won't be able to really criticise them for leaving out "key songs" this time around. My biggest fear is that this rolls into 2019/20 with mutiple legs like ME did. That would be a criminal waste of the time they have left.

they already anticipated using 2019 to tour the states and South America with TLOTB tour... my fear is a setlist change for the worst when they hit the states in 2019 unless they play more favorable songs :)

This feels like a farewell tour for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back