Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone in Maiden gives anything for that song (Alexander The Great)....even with the hardcore fan base loving it...

And overall, I don't think Rod has anything to so with the set list either...but I think he has to do with the "show" in general and that demands that you play X song at X time etc because of the stage show in general....and that might be a hurdle for throwing in a lot of unfamiliar songs.

So long as I get at least all of Running Free, Sanctuary, Run To The Hills, 2 Mins and The Evil That Men Do, then I'll be happy as a bastard. I have a feeling happy as a bastard I will be. Throw Hallowed into that List, too, actually.

And I'm only gonna beg for songs Maiden can actually play well...or rather songs that Bruce can sing well without them sounding ever so slightly off. I did not like his vocals on The Book of Souls: Live Chapter.

And I'm only gonna beg for songs Maiden can actually play well...or rather songs that Bruce can sing well without them sounding ever so slightly off. I did not like his vocals on The Book of Souls: Live Chapter.
That's aging, my friend. It ain't 2005 anymore.

You are not alone in this. Some great moments but much pish throughout. When people say that this song or that song wont be played because Bruce can't sing it, I just look at The Red And The Black and think hmmmmmmm. But then it was Steve's Epic so it was a cert to be played but I still think that Bruce's quality is not always the deciding factor. And they could have dropped it after the first leg. Bruce still has a wondrous voice but I fear we will not see/hear the best of it unless/until he does another solo tour.

Bruce is still a remarkable vocalist ! The title track from TBOS album is a really hard song to sing live and on the last tour he nailed it. Not forget that The Red and the Black is also a hard song to sing live + HBTN - and in the 2016 leg Bruce was amazing on these songs.

The performance of The Book of Souls (the song) in TBOS: LC is incredible and one of Bruce's best live performances ! The whole Donington 2016 show should have been released on DVD !

For me, Bruce is the best vocalist of all time ! He can sing whatever he want and can do heavy metal, rock (and even Delilah :p) fantastic. He can sing in all styles... :)

I think they will play Flight of Icarus or Where Eagles Dare, I hope for either or both. I also hope to hear Stranger In A Strange Land and as I mentioned before, I really want to hear at least one song from Final Frontier. I definitely want to hear a song from Book of Souls and Brave New World. I don't think they will play any Book of Souls songs but at least one would work very well in the set list.

From what I’ve heard, Bruce’s voice was better in 2017, wasn’t it? Also, I’ve seen better 2016 performances on YouTube than some of the songs on TBOS: LC. Hopefully he’s at his best this year, at least for one last great tour. If he can’t do it anymore, I think he’s smart enough to call it a day, so this might be their second last tour if it continues in 2019

He sounded great in Shanghai when I saw him two years ago and but he sounded better when I saw him in Mansfield, U.S last July. Its a pity the microphone wasn't working towards the end of the show and he got pissed towards the end of Wasted Years. I definitely don't blame him

I last saw Maiden in 2013 on the maiden england tour. I thought Bruce was patchy on the night and struggled. I haven't seen them since other than watching Wacken on youtube and I'm glad i didn't go to a show on that tour. I think the worst bit for me from Wacken was the verse of the RATB, it sounded absolutely awful. He did well on the opening song to be fair and sounded okay throughout. If i was going to a show on this tour i would be apprehensive as to how Bruce is going to sound, that's not really what i want to be feeling before the gig has started/during it.

Secondly, I have no idea how Nicko is going to handle this tour, the guy is 65! Good luck to him and the rest of the band but i shall be sitting out this tour. I would love for Bruce to prove me wrong but i just can't see it happening unfortunately.

I definitely wish them all the best during the tour and I look forward to seeing them again. Richie Blackmore did Rainbow shows and he's in his 70's so I'm sure they will all do well and do their best :)

I definitely wish them all the best during the tour and I look forward to seeing them again. Richie Blackmore did Rainbow shows and he's in his 70's so I'm sure they will all do well and do their best :)

He is a guitar player though.. singing maiden songs when you are almost 60 is an entirely different thing. Like wise the drumming for maiden songs is very intense and physical, someone once pointed out that the Rolling Stones drummer is in his 70's but he is just playing basic stuff for the most part.

I also have my concerns for at 65. While the drums is a great work out and a lot of fun, it can be exhausting, it is true. I sometimes play for fun and though I want to keep going, it takes up a lot of energy after a few hours of playing

The Angel and the Gambler Radio edit would actually be enough of a Surprise for me

Well, through the years Bruce always delivered great performances live.

- his voice from the Samson days was also great, but when he joined Maiden he found his unique and fantastic style of singing !
- his voice was amazing in 1982.
- due to the long touring and the endless dates, his voice was very tired in 1983-1988 (still his performances were great. Maybe in 1986 he was at his worst form - if Bruce ever had a worst form... :confused:)
- then for the 90's when he changed his singing style, he again was able to hit those high notes. His voice in 1990-1993 was in pretty good shape.

For his solo albums/tours from 1997 onwards he learn to use his full voice and became a legend 'mongst mortal men !

- from the reunion era, his voice was in top form from 1999 to 2011. Then from 2012 to 2014 not so good due to the illness, but again good performances.
- his voice again return to have more power for TBOS tour in 2016-2017, but he also struggled through the tour !

I hope for the LOTB tour, his voice to be back at top form (like was in 2011)

*though, his voice in 1983-1985 and 1988 was a bit like his voice from the 90's, but as I said, still they were great performances.

I think Bruce was at his prime in 1982, 2005 and 2008/2009.

Bruce's prime as a vocalist was 2003-2008.

Remember, on DOTR he was pretty sick, but he sounds great to me. Then, there is possibly one of the best gigs for Bruce's vocally, Ullevi 2005. And then again the performance of COTD at Donnington 2007. 2008 had stellar performances of Rime, Powerslave and Revelations.

He might never reach those heights again, but he can still perform amazingly. He is just not as consistent as he was in those years. Bruce on his better nights is still one of the best, if not the best vocalist in rock and metal. At almost 60 and surviving throat cancer. This HBTN from Berlin is a proof of that (he pulled that off after 3+ months of constant touring):

And of course not to mention TBOS (the song) performances during this tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back