Bruce Dickinson

This paragraph...

How did the family react to its success? In the book, from a certain point on, he no longer talks about it, as if his parents had disappeared.

"Which is exactly what happened. You think when I got sick with cancer they did not even call me (laughs). And they knew it by force because the news was in all the newspapers. I asked myself: should I call them? And I replied: fuck it, no! Then one day I was in Germany and I went to see my mother. She told me: "I'm happy you're better". To which I replied: "Well, I expected you would have called me to get news". And do you know what she answered? "We did not want to bother you" (laughs even louder) ".

Thats just awful

This paragraph...

How did the family react to its success? In the book, from a certain point on, he no longer talks about it, as if his parents had disappeared.

"Which is exactly what happened. You think when I got sick with cancer they did not even call me (laughs). And they knew it by force because the news was in all the newspapers. I asked myself: should I call them? And I replied: fuck it, no! Then one day I was in Germany and I went to see my mother. She told me: "I'm happy you're better". To which I replied: "Well, I expected you would have called me to get news". And do you know what she answered? "We did not want to bother you" (laughs even louder) ".

Reading that makes me sick. 10 years ago I survived a horror car crash that took the lives of my best friend and his sister.I don't know if i could recovered physically and emotionally without the support from my parents and the entire family.

Last edited:
Hm hm what to pick

Edit : oh great I can't order they don't accept Maestro cards or Paypal...fuck

He's a sly old dog putting Eternal on the soundtrack, I'll have to buy it now!

The song is in the documentary, so it being on the CD is hardly surprising. ;)

One song that features in the film and is missing from the soundtrack is Run to the Hills though.

Got through the red tape, wired the funds as an internal transfer to the gyro account that has a Mastercard tied to it. Great success! I got

2LP, DVD & Patch

Scream For Me Sarajevo Patch
Scream For Me Sarajevo DVD
Soundrack 2LP

£31

The song is in the documentary, so it being on the CD is hardly surprising. ;)

I'm happy that it is, I don't have the japanese import of Tyranny of Souls so the only version I have of the track is a poor quality mp3 that I acquired somewhere

Did someone say earlier that the soundtrack hardly features music from that era? If that is true, fuck this documentary. I'm having enough of all this self-sensorship in the Maiden camp.

I'm not going through trouble to get this. Might pick it up if I see in a store or when easily ordered in my own country.

The soundtrack has Inertia and Strange Death in Paradise.

01. Change Of Heart
02. Tears Of The Dragon
03. Gods Of War
04. Darkside Of Aquarius
05. Navigate The Seas Of The Sun
06. Road To Hell
07. Arc Of Space
08. Omega
09. River Of No Return
10. Power Of The Sun
11. Strange Death In Paradise
12. Inertia (Live)
13. Acoustic Song
14. Eternal

Did someone say earlier that the soundtrack hardly features music from that era? If that is true, fuck this documentary. I'm having enough of all this self-sensorship in the Maiden camp.

I'm not going through trouble to get this. Might pick it up if I see in a store or when easily ordered in my own country.

The documentary had nothing to do with the Maiden camp to start with, so you are barking up at the wrong tree there. All songs featured in it work really well, as the lyrics suit the narrative whenever a particular song is featured.

They show snippets of Cyclops, Gods of War
That's nothing.
The documentary had nothing to do with the Maiden camp to start with, so you are barking up at the wrong tree there. All songs featured in it work really well, as the lyrics suit the narrative whenever a particular song is featured.
Bruce and Maiden use the same tactics: say/do zero about/with albums that were not successful. The lyrical connection is good at least.

Back