Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, Mother Russia is *way* better than Paschendale.
200w.webp

People are allowed to have incorrect opinions but in that case other people are allowed to shoot them.

National motto : "...and then, it got worse."

People are allowed to have incorrect opinions but in that case other people are allowed to shoot them.

I don't think Putin would allow that. He seems to me like the kind of guy who would have a civil chat about differing opinions with you over a nice cup of tea.

Yeah, but just in case, that cup should be checked for Polonium-210 ...

Only if MI6 put it there to frame the Russians. The pedoohiles in government need a bogeyman to distract the sheeple.

Back on topic, Paschendale is kind of an annoying song. Too much abrupt stopping and starting harms the flow. If Maiden plays reunion era stuff, would rather hear something like Dance of Death or Wild Wind, or even FtGGoG. It wouldn’t be as much of a surprise, but those are better songs.

Paschendale is one of Iron Maiden's best songs. Moving, epic, groundbreaking...

Mother Russia, on the other hand, is just a mediocre attempt at an epic that, coming straight after Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, highlights how the band had somewhat lost the plot (leading to the exit of Adrian Smith).

Anyway, that is just my opinion and I might be wrong.

The only "problem" with Mother Russia is that it's kinda short. They could've stretched that solo to make a 7 minute song at least. Then again, sometimes less is more, and sometimes it's better to quit while you're good than ditch down. Either way it's still an amazing song.

But better than Paschendale? GTFO.

It might be because I'm allergic to everything related to Russia, but claims of the magnificence of Mother Russia leave me speechless. It must be me, obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back