Maiden settles the Hallowed Be Thy Name claim in full

I have no idea how these cases work in terms of time, hopefully it would be just 1 day. Several days could be quite disruptive, especially if they were due to appear in Court later on in a day. Potentially cutting it fine (and costly) to fly back to a gig that day. Worst case scenario of course.

Yup. Could you imagine the countersuit(s) from the Maiden camp, not to mention the horrible publicity for McKay, if he actually did succeed in stopping them from touring? Not gonna happen.
I don't think there's any UK legal precedence for what's being suggested, so why are you guys even entertaining the idea that it might happen?
Why did Sharon Osbourne think she could carry out the Ozzfest egging incident and have the crowd on her side? The vanity of some individuals is astonishing.

I didn't say I thought he could get away with it, but I do think that's what he intends us to understand by his statement. And I do think he intends to cause as much trouble as he can, at least until some judge clamps down on him for contempt of court. Read this one again - an album's worth of stolen material? What did he do - comb through the entire discography looking for familiar lines? Or issue an open amnesty for "victims of Harris and Murray" to come forward?

Steve has been remiss and no mistake, but I absolutely take issue with McKay's assetion that he's been unreasonable. Even if a royalty payment is clearly due to someone, it doesn't follow that everyone who sticks their hand up and says "it's due to me!" is necessarily right, or even truthful. If Steve and Rod had a good reason to believe that Quinn's claim was bogus they were right to challenge it.

Why would either Steve or Dave have to appear in court any time soon? The recent HBTN settlement didn't see either Steve or Dave in court. And it was rumbling on for how long? The idea that either of them are going to be required to be present in a UK court any time soon is highly unlikely (if it happens at all); during this tour, ludicrous.

Why would either Steve or Dave have to appear in court any time soon? The recent HBTN settlement didn't see either Steve or Dave in court. And it was rumbling on for how long? The idea that either of them are going to be required to be present in a UK court any time soon is highly unlikely (if it happens at all); during this tour, ludicrous.

As I said, I have no idea how these cases work in terms of time. ;)

Those of you who are blaming Rod might be well advised to withold your judgement a while longer, because I'm pretty sure we haven't heard the last word on this yet. Anyway, even Rod was young once. He was learning too! Why do you think he has to be infallible, just because he's a manager?

Too late for reverse gear I guess.

Or too many years living in an ivory tower! :lol:

I can understand Steve could think he was not doing anything wrong with the "guide lyrics"/nod to Beckett in Hallowed be Thy Name, but cannot come up with any excuse for his artistic behaviour in The Nomad.

Back