Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be "2 AM". :D I personally think "Look For the Truth" is very good, one of my favorites off the album actually. Would love to see it live!

It's pretty hard to pick the worst from that album. It's actually very consistent, espeviaesp considering it's lenght. :)

We all want them to play 'The Angel and the Gambler'.

If Maiden was a bit less-serious about their own stuff, they could play it as the last song in the set with each band member singing the chorus at least twice. :D

That would be "2 AM". :D I personally think "Look For the Truth" is very good, one of my favorites off the album actually. Would love to see it live!

Whoa disagree strongly . 2 A.M is in fact the best song off of the album. Would love to hear Bruce work his magic on this one. That instrumental section +solo is one of the finest moments of ANY era...

Whoa disagree strongly . 2 A.M is in fact the best song off of the album. Would love to hear Bruce work his magic on this one. That instrumental section +solo is one of the finest moments of ANY era...
Don't get me wrong, it's a great song and I like it (saying a song is the worst on an album doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad song). But... IDK, it just never quite clicked for me, and it doesn't really work outside the context of the album.

well, 3 months and we will know the set list........ for Europe. We all know they have a history of changing stuff up between legs of a tour and since USA and South America won't see them till 2019, they've got time to think and change and we've got time to hope

look at the difference in
the set list from SBIT in 2008 and 2009
the set lists from TFF tour in 2010 versus 2011..... major changes
the set list from ME in 2012 versus 2013 and then even 2014

usually 3-7 songs changed out between legs and countries

I think they'll play loads of 'Somewhere in Time' songs on this year's tour but none in the US next year.

Somewhere in Time was their biggest success in the USA according to Billboard. That would be a dumb move beyond all comprehension on their part to do that.... if any songs should stay the whole tour, it needs to be tracks from that album (other than WY and HCW) ugh :confused:

I did make the observation that Harris has stated the songs they lean towards are tracks that get the audience energized and that have potential involvement. These were his comments on maiden England and Book of Souls. Hence why they may have dropped Infinite dreams during rehearsal and ditched Tears of a Clown on the second round.

Somewhere in Time was their biggest success in the USA according to Billboard. That would be a dumb move beyond all comprehension on their part to do that.... if any songs should stay the whole tour, it needs to be tracks from that album (other than WY and HCW) ugh :confused:

I did make the observation that Harris has stated the songs they lean towards are tracks that get the audience energized and that have potential involvement. These were his comments on maiden England and Book of Souls. Hence why they may have dropped Infinite dreams during rehearsal and ditched Tears of a Clown on the second round.
TOAC was dropped because it wasn't even meant to be played in the first place and TGU was in the set from the beginning. It was added, because Nicko wanted to play it. I don't know in what way TGU is more audience engaging than TOAC. Also Infinite Dreams was dropped, because it was probably too demanding for Bruce in whichever point of the set it was meant to be.

But on the next tours, we will see a much more Bruce influenced sets (AFAIK he wrote the setlists for both legs of TBOS, Steve gave him the complete go ahead). That is evident (and will be evident in the future), because there have been plenty of Bruce's favourite Maiden in the TBOS set (COTD, Powerslave and Blood Brothers have all been mentioned by Bruce as some of his favourite tracks to sing along with Revelations, which will surely return this year). Bruce is also the one who brought Hallowed back in 2016, which was comfirmed by Steve in an interview.

well, 3 months and we will know the set list........ for Europe. We all know they have a history of changing stuff up between legs of a tour and since USA and South America won't see them till 2019, they've got time to think and change and we've got time to hope

look at the difference in
the set list from SBIT in 2008 and 2009
the set lists from TFF tour in 2010 versus 2011..... major changes
the set list from ME in 2012 versus 2013 and then even 2014

usually 3-7 songs changed out between legs and countries

:confused:

Some of the tours that you have mentioned featured the same setlist on different legs. SBIT in 2008 had three separate legs, all with the same setlist; TFF in 2011 had two different legs, all with the same setlists. If I remember correctly, the setlist for the Maiden England tour in 2012 was identical to the setlist in 2013.

TOAC was dropped because it wasn't even meant to be played in the first place and TGU was in the set from the beginning. It was added, because Nicko wanted to play it. I don't know in what way TGU is more audience engaging than TOAC. Also Infinite Dreams was dropped, because it was probably too demanding for Bruce in whichever point of the set it was meant to be.

But on the next tours, we will see a much more Bruce influenced sets (AFAIK he wrote the setlists for both legs of TBOS, Steve gave him the complete go ahead). That is evident (and will be evident in the future), because there have been plenty of Bruce's favourite Maiden in the TBOS set (COTD, Powerslave and Blood Brothers have all been mentioned by Bruce as some of his favourite tracks to sing along with Revelations, which will surely return this year). Bruce is also the one who brought Hallowed back in 2016, which was comfirmed by Steve in an interview.

If all the setlists from now on are made by Bruce, I'll be very happy - we can hope for a rare song every tour !

:confused:

Some of the tours that you have mentioned featured the same setlist on different legs. SBIT in 2008 had three separate legs, all with the same setlist; TFF in 2011 had two different legs, all with the same setlists. If I remember correctly, the setlist for the Maiden England tour in 2012 was identical to the setlist in 2013.
Yes, but SBiT in 2009 was vastly different from 2008, and TFF 2011 had basically nothing to do with 2010. The point being made was that Maiden usually alters their setlist if a tour runs multiple years with a break in-between. ME was an exception that might give some indication as to what's going to happen this time around, considering they basically toured North America in 2012 and Europe and South America in 2013. I think they figured that since there's no geographical crossover they could just play the same set, which would also be the case with Legacy of the Beast.

Yes, but SBiT in 2009 was vastly different from 2008, and TFF 2011 had basically nothing to do with 2010.

True, but the situation has changed significantly since then.

ME was an exception that might give some indication as to what's going to happen this time around, considering they basically toured North America in 2012 and Europe and South America in 2013. I think they figured that since there's no geographical crossover they could just play the same set, which would also be the case with Legacy of the Beast.

Based on Bruce's comments on his autobiography regarding the changes to the touring following being burnt out after the 2011 tour, I believe they would do something similar to the Maiden England legs in 2012 and 2013 (i.e. identical setlists).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back