Best Eddie

This, 100%. I've actually heard people say they thought it was a dumb idea, but what the fuck do they know? ::) At any rate, I think it's a strong album with a strong cover.
While listening to it yesterday, I found that it would be much more digestible without "The Fugitive" and "Weekend Warrior". Not that they are necesarily "the worst" songs on the album (which is quite a subjective notion anyway) but they correspond to when I tell myself "Ok, now it is getting a bit long" while listening to the album.

To go back on the rails of the thread, does anyone know/remember who the man is on the original cover of the "Be Quick or Be Dead" single and why he was replaced by that atrocious bunny on postcards?
https://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=712619IMG0034.jpg
712619IMG0034.jpg

701734IMG0035.jpg

a>

e43968e

viewer.php
viewer.php

Last edited:
While listening to it yesterday, I found that it would be much more digestible without "The Fugitive" and "Weekend Warrior". Not that they are necesarily "the worst" songs on the album (which is quite a subjective notion anyway) but they correspond to when I tell myself "Ok, now it is getting a bit long" while listening to the album.

To go back on the rails of the thread, does anyone know/remember who the man is on the original cover of the "Be Quick or Be Dead" single and why he was replaced by that atrocious bunny on postcards?
712619IMG0034.jpg

701734IMG0035.jpg

a>

e43968e

viewer.php
viewer.php
Wasn't it Robert Maxwell, a multi millionaire who stole from his employees pension funds. If I remember correctly, he was found naked, dead on his yacht (or was it in the sea ... can't remember). No idea about the bunny though! Maybe something to do with Donnie Darko?

712619IMG0034.jpg

701734IMG0035.jpg

a>

e43968e

viewer.php
viewer.php
*Reads first part of post. Does not want to put effort in second.*

This, 100%. I've actually heard people say they thought it was a dumb idea, but what the fuck do they know? ::)

I don't think it was an innovation as such, the painting wasn't finished so they put the logo in the empty space at the side. On the cassette case the logo is in the usual position with the black space cropped.

Either way, it's a classic. That and the Book of Souls are the only non-"80's Riggs" covers that are classics.

Id go along with that. Reunion; good. Albums; good. Live Performances; good. Haircuts; mostly good. Eddie; mostly total pish.
Terrible art has its benefits though; I haven't been tempted to spend coin on a t-shirt in over a decade.

Incan Eddie is the best Eddie since possibly Fear of the Dark; possibly Seventh Son. That's my opinion, not the results.

Right. However, I think that the cover of Brave New World is also in the same spirit as some "classic" covers.
Same spirit but the CGI city kind of spoils it for me. I wish they would've let Derek paint the whole thing.

Right. However, I think that the cover of Brave New World is also in the same spirit as some "classic" covers.

I was very close to including BNW as well, I think it's a real good idea, but perhaps contradicting myself, the subtlety of Eddie takes away from it. As Mosh says, maybe if Riggs had have painted the whole thing it might have knocked it up a notch for me.

I was very close to including BNW as well, I think it's a real good idea, but perhaps contradicting myself, the subtlety of Eddie takes away from it. As Mosh says, maybe if Riggs had have painted the whole thing it might have knocked it up a notch for me.

Judging by some of the CGI crap he has been churning out since 2000, I think I'd rather have the BNW cover artwork as it is. :lol:

Yeah, I know his work has been terrible but I meant from the point of view that Eddie isn't quite as much of a focal point as it should be and this is because a second artist is trying to work around the Eddie that Riggs has drawn for the Wickerman, and that it might have been better executed if a single artist had been able to complete the whole project. That needn't necessarily have been Riggs, but at least the Eddie that is on the actual cover does look like the Eddie we know and love.

It's still a very good cover and it's only nit picking really, on my behalf, to not consider it a classic.

82. Virus, first alternate (Unknown)
Overall: 3.02/10

Single30b_virus2_a_small.jpg

You know, the way this starts doesn't look so bad. Except it's out of focus, the "Virus" text is too small, and why is there part of the fucked up Eddie-face in the lower left corner, just a little square? Visually it reminds me of The Evil That Men Do cover with the foggy Eddie-head but the execution just fails. I really don't like that The X Factor Iron Maiden nameplate either, looks like junk and it's just pasted in here with no thought. Deserves its low grade, so low that even some of the shit CGI is higher than this turd.

Your votes:
10: 0
9: 0
8: 3
7: 4
6: 2
5: 7
4: 3
3: 5
2: 15
1: 19

Overall Rankings:
82 - Virus, first alternate - Single - Unknown
83 - Ed Hunter - Compilation Album - Synthetic Dimensions
84 - The Angel and the Gambler - Single - Synthetic Dimensions
Zombie koala in a bubble, could never understand the point.

Back