Slayer

Yeh, listened to a bit. It's okay. Not the most interesting Patton side-project on first listen. I buy most MP stuff but not sure when I'll get this.

I got hold of a copy of Vynil Conflict the other day. An absolute stunning collection.

Cool. Last album was shit. Araya can't headbang, no Jeff or Lombardo... No point in continuing. If they don't come here for the farewell tour I'd only consider going abroad to see them if they brought back Lombardo. Saw them live twice anyway.

I am so happy. They've been living off their classics for a long time now and are so boring live. They'll probably do a Judas Priest/Scorpions and keep going though. ::)

I hope your last sentence is true. I'm quite sad to see them go. Their last album may not be their best, but, live, they are still one of the best bands around. King must be very sad. I will go and see them on the next tour.

You're biased because you hate them Wiz.

And they won't be able to come back because Araya probably wouldn't want to. He's been looking forward to the end for a while. They can survive losing Jeff and Lombardo, but I doubt people will want to see them with Kerry King and 3 mercenaries.

I have a feeling King will keep doing something.

Fun fact, Araya lives in the general Dallas area .. he has a large ranch outside of town. I have flown on a plane with him and his wife twice (once to Vegas, once to LA) ... said hello once waiting in the boarding area. He seemed to like the rancher life and would fly out to shows, then fly straight back home. Seems like a nice guy at least based on his interactions with the flight crew. Even folded up his blanket when the plane landed.

Araya always seemed like a relaxed person, and a family type. Sad to see Slayer go out like this, they broke up with Lombardo in a very nasty way, sad to see a band drawing lines around money, you know the shit went down and it won't be same again.

I saw them several times in the 80s to mid 90s and they were impressive as hell .. .but the last time I caught them, they were good .. but nowhere near as good

I hope your last sentence is true. I'm quite sad to see them go. Their last album may not be their best, but, live, they are still one of the best bands around. King must be very sad. I will go and see them on the next tour.
Slayer Sofia 2002 was one of the best gigs I've ever been to.

Now this is how you announce a farewell! I'm little surprised by the decision but still respect they announced it like this. I don't think they'll continue after this, Araya probably wants out and there is no point of K.K. continuing as Slayer as last and only original member.
Last album did seem boring, at least IMHO but I haven't seen them live with this lineup. Last time I saw them, Lombardo was in and Hannenman was alive (that does seem now like a long time ago). Hopefully they'll come close in Europe sometime next year. And hopefully they'll keep the same touring list (Anthrax, Lamb of God and Testament FFS!!!!)

hopefully they'll keep the same touring list (Anthrax, Lamb of God and Testament FFS!!!!)
That is an impressive line-up. Definitely one for the angry, knuckle-dragging types with Slayer and Lamb of God. If they added Machine Head then it would be knuckle-draggers paradise.

Why do you think that Slayer/Lamb of God/Machine Head fans are stupid, or dumber than other metal fans?
I know some Maiden fans from real life who are basically dumber than Microsoft Windows.

Back