New posters! Who are you?

That might be another of the questions for the new posters, actually.

(Example sentence: "Hey, you sass that hoopy Cried? There’s a frood who really knows his Govan from his Thal.”)

Question 1: Your name
Question 2: Where are you from
Question 3: Your age
Question 4: Your favourite Maiden guitarist
Question 5: What's your opinion on Israel
Question 6: Do you know your Govan from your Thal

(Example sentence: "Hey, you sass that hoopy Cried? There’s a frood who really knows his Govan from his Thal.”)

:applause:

Just tell this to @Niall Kielt
Just to clarify, I am not nor have I ever been a member of a proscribed organisation and while I do not, and likely never will own a Union Flag, I believe in the right of self determination for Maiden Fans and as such wish all to be free to use which ever flag they do so wish in avatars or any other medium.
We should have a best avatar poll. Im a cert for Top 5.

:ok::ok::ok:

I'll bite.

1) I'm Cody.
2) I grew up in a beach town in California, spent 8 years in San Francisco and have lived in Brooklyn for the last 5.
3) I'm 30.
4) Adrian Smith (or H, which I've never seen before lurking here, because you're all bonkers)
5) The British sure did a really good job in heavy metal, and really did not learn how to decline as a post-colonial power without serious geopolitical ramifications amirite?
6) Are these obscure shredders? I can google, but I don't eff with Namm. We don't talk about Namm in my household.

I grew up on forums, hell, I'm an admin at a lesser but prominent artist's forum that has been dead for about 6 years now. I watch the same two people post about their day and what movies they saw. It's kinda sweet in a way - but yeah with social media, this sort of scene has faded, and if they're not maintained these kinds of communications can be lost forever, which has been and always will be a damn shame. (Side note, the fading of late 80s - mid00s digital art and info, is basically my scholarly topic of choice, at least for mindless speculation)

Iron Maiden? Don't know her, but 'Eddie and the JetCruisers has been a band I've sincerely loved since I was 14. I was aware of them beforehand as demon digits, speedy bouldering (to avoid genocide), and The Jolly Good Red Coat Man were just impossible to avoid, especially in the Bay Area. For whatever reason, my parents (who were VERY VERY YOUNG) were metal people and just always avoided them, perhaps because they were a bit on the young side even for the heyday.

My dad in between drug addictions was kinda a hack guitar player in the bay area that had hometown renown and not much beyond that - for reasons that I'd certainly not want to get into with you all, I have weird opinions about a lot of classic artists. Needless to say, I love Judas Priest, and a lot of prog bands and others that came after that.

I've missed a couple of tours, but for the most part I've always seen them when they pass through. Never regretted it.

Some additional facts:

- I went to two very special concerts in Europe last year, neither of which had any Maiden connections, except for something that fancy fencin' pilot man probably regrets doing years back with a tall dutchman.

- My first purchased album was the soundtrack to This is Spinal Tap. This will tell you everything you need to know.

- I got Edward the Great and Brave New World at the same time from the cool independent record store in my hometown that's still there!

- Favorite album's 7th Son.

- My college roommate and I once had it written into our rental agreement that no positive words would be said about Blaze Bayley in our apartment. I've since seen the error of my ways, but I am banished from that apartment we moved out of 12 years ago.

- I have some seriously deep and fond memories with the music, but acknowledge some of the cheese factor - but it's all part of me.

- Every time a new album comes out, I listen once. Then go back to the very beginning (soundhouse tapes) and listen to them all back to back as soon as I can, though admittedly I don't always get to the singles. I always finish, but the 90s do give me some trepidation. Usually better by Brave New World :)

- Latest surge of interest really has to do with a live video of Dance of Death I saw, and how it hit me over the head with a near death experience I had 3 years ago.

- But most of all, I love Iron Maiden because I'm in my 30s now, walking around and listening to the same thing I did when I was 14, with that same connection, albeit refracted through the lens of someone who understands you only encounter something that's the "real deal" so many times in your life.

I look forward to posting in bursts and disappearing into obscurity.

Hi guys. Im Ben. I have been a Maiden fan since I can remember due to my uncles on both sides playing me their music. Lucky enough to have been brought up in East London & seen the band at home & abroad many times. Good to meet some likeminded people from all over the globe :hello:

Back