Is Iron Maiden the biggest metal band in the world right now?

Of course if you think that if Justin Bieber starts growling his pop songs, he'll become a rock star, then we have nothing to discuss or argue about.
What?! How did you read that in my post? No use discussing that indeed.

If growling is done just for growling sake, if you add riffs just to look like a rock star having no other reason, you're still a pop star trying to look like a rock star.

Rock music has always been regarded as something much cooler than simple pop for retards, hence many bands trying to look as rock as they can, i.e. Metallica, GnR, Rammstein, Linkin Park etc.

All of those bands, whether you like them or not, are still rock, and besides LP and GNR they're also metal....

The softest Beach Boys ballad is more rock'n'roll than Metallica because that was what they felt, while Metallica is just about trying to look as cool rock stars as possible. I've never seen a Metallica fan older than 18 yrs old, sorry. There may be some of course, but that's always the matter with such bands: people grow up and start to understand real music from just hot air...

Rock music has always been regarded as something much cooler than simple pop for retards, hence many bands trying to look as rock as they can, i.e. Metallica, GnR, Rammstein, Linkin Park etc.

I think Maiden tried harder than any of them....Also the whole sexual biker theme is not something done by any of the other bands you mention. Well maybe Rammstein, I haven't checked...;)

Last edited:

I would choose Black Sabbath, Judas Priest and Iron Maiden over Rammstein, Guns n roses and Metallica any time.

The softest Beach Boys ballad is more rock'n'roll than Metallica because that was what they felt, while Metallica is just about trying to look as cool rock stars as possible. I've never seen a Metallica fan older than 18 yrs old, sorry. There may be some of course, but that's always the matter with such bands: people grow up and start to understand real music from just hot air...
Look, I'm as big a critic of Metallica as anyone, but at least with their first three albums, they were genuinely into their music and wanted to have fun whilst creating quality. Much as I love hair metal, that's what you're trying to describe here, not Metallica.

As for me I don't like differentiating metal (or hard rock or whatever) from rock'n'roll in general.
Their behavior later on proved that they were just into money and hot air, not music, creativity, vibes or whatever it is that makes rock'n'roll so cool.

I think Maiden tried harder than any of them....Also the whole sexual biker theme is not something done by any of the other bands you mention. Well maybe Rammstein, I haven't checked...;)
IM or JP were just doing what they were doing. Just like most other bands. They may look ridiculous sometimes with all that Eddie or leather stuff, but they are genuine. Unlike Metallica or Rammstein.

Back