Is Iron Maiden the biggest metal band in the world right now?

I sincerely doubt any member of Metallica compared the band to the Beatles, other than in the sense of being a rock band. Definitely not in the sense of comparing the cultural impact because the Beatles are still bigger than everything.

Nah of course not like that. Newsted told that they were so big in late 90s that they could become "like Beatles of our generation" if they stayed together.

And whoever said that Metallica is heavier than Maiden should get their ears checked. How can a band with a so loose ryhtmic section be as heavy as Maiden. They're definitely more agressive, but heavier...no. Met is (was) better at fast stuff than Maiden tho.

I really can't see how anyone can compare Metallica and Maiden, particularly their '80s album, and think that Maiden is heavier. :confused:

I really can't see how anyone can compare Metallica and Maiden, particularly their '80s album, and think that Maiden is heavier. :confused:
This.

Also, I understand people may have various opinions when it comes to musical genres, as their boundaries are way too blurred. However, calling Metallica pop, especially 80s Metallica is just absurd. It either means you have no idea what pop or metal (or both) is, or you're just trying to be interesting and provocative. Meh.

Btw just a small observation. I noticed quite a suggesting thing on youtube: under most videos of JP, Manowar, Saxon or any other true metal band there are always comments like that:
Priest>Maiden or
Manowar>Maiden or
Saxon>Maiden

Is that an inferiority complex or what? I found no such comments under Maiden videos, guys don't even mention Metallica, they just praise the Irons etc.

This.

Also, I understand people may have various opinions when it comes to musical genres, as their boundaries are way too blurred. However, calling Metallica pop, especially 80s Metallica is just absurd. It either means you have no idea what pop or metal (or both) is, or you're just trying to be interesting and provocative. Meh.
If you know what commercial music means and what the behavior of a pop star is, then you should know what I mean. Metallica is a pop group no matter how heavy they sound. They are just businessmen, and that is all.

That's plainly ridiculous. There are pop stars and pop stars - you can't make such sweeping generalizations. Besides, what does the genre have to do with their behavior? You're mixing things up to prove a point that is meaningless anyway.

The bands that came closest to the Beatles are Pink Floyd and Tame Impala

...is this another Cried troll account?!

Metallica is a pop group no matter how heavy they sound. They are just businessmen, and that is all.

All musicians are businessmen (or women). The music industry is a business, just like anything else. Metallica are just more successful at the business.

If you know what commercial music means and what the behavior of a pop star is, then you should know what I mean. Metallica is a pop group no matter how heavy they sound. They are just businessmen, and that is all.
In that case, next time I get asked what metal band I like best, I'll advise ABBA.

That's plainly ridiculous. There are pop stars and pop stars - you can't make such sweeping generalizations. Besides, what does the genre have to do with their behavior? You're mixing things up to prove a point that is meaningless anyway.
Of course if you think that if Justin Bieber starts growling his pop songs, he'll become a rock star, then we have nothing to discuss or argue about.

And how does Iron Maiden differ from this?

I mean, he would become one, wouldn't he?
Is rock music just about growling???
Ok then, I've always seen it as something different.
It's music that matters. Many rock bands play soft music and sing in soft voices, but that doesn't make them pop. And vice versa - you may growl and play heavy riffs, but sing shitty pop.
That's how I see it, and I've been into rock'n'roll for my whole life.

Earlier you also brought up riffing. Yes, rock music is about guitar primarily, whereas pop is more lenient. If Justin Bieber added heavier guitar than whatever he's got now he'd be a rock star.

Back