Chris Cornell Survivor - Fell On Black Days Wins!

Vote for your LEAST favorite song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There isn't a bad song on Euphoria Mourning, which makes it stand in pretty stark contrast to Soundgarden's entire discography. Prior to this every album had at least one total clunker, but this has zero. When I'm Down is one of the most beautiful, emotional compositions I've ever heard. Anyone who votes for it is a monster.

Voting for my least favorites, the lowest of which still only gets a 6/10.

Flutter Girl
Preaching the End
Follow My Way
Wave Goodbye
Moonchild
Sweet Euphoria
+ Black Hole Sun, The Day I Tried to Live

I wasn't quite sure what to expect going in to this album, but I gotta say that I'm quite impressed. I agree with Knicks that there isn't anything here that can be considered outright bad. A few of the songs I didn't find all that special musically, but that's hardly an issue when they feature some phenomenal vocals. In fact the entire album is incredible vocally.

I am having some difficulties deciding on my favorites here, but I'm hoping it will start to become more clear after one or two more listens.

Voting for:
My Wave
4th of July
Preaching the End of the World
Wave Goodbye
Moonchild

ELIMINATED
Spoonman
The Day I Tried To Live
Sweet Euphoria

Audioslave joins the game!

Audioslave was a supergroup formed in 2001 between members of Rage Against the Machine and Chris Cornell. The self-titled debut album was a big success commercially, and has been certified 3x platinum in the U.S.

Damn, this is a really good album. Once again, there isn't anything here that I can consider outright bad. You can definitely hear the Rage Against The Machine aspect in many of the songs.

Show Me How to Live and I Am the Highway should be contenders for the top 10 IMO. Shadow on the Sun is also really cool.

This was quite challenging, but my votes are going to:
Gasoline
What You Are
Hypnotize
Last Remaining Light
+ 4th of July and Mission

This truly is a really cool album (and band!), but it definitely lacks quality control and editing. There are at least 4 songs that could have been cut entirely and made this a better, shorter, more impressive debut.

Voting for:

Fell on Black Days
Steel Rain
What You Are (easily the worst song on the album)
I Am the Highway (decent, but way too similar to the superior Like a Stone)
Exploder (average, but fun)
Bring 'Em Back Alive (second worst song here)
Light My Way/Getaway Car/Last Remaining Light (all of which are adequate but suffer from repeating sounds already present on the album)

Voting for:

Fell on Black Days
The best remaining song from Superunknown.
Steel Rain
I was planning on voting for this one, but I forget for some reason. I'll go ahead and fix that now.
What You Are (easily the worst song on the album)
Agreed.
I Am the Highway (decent, but way too similar to the superior Like a Stone)
This I can't agree with. I Am the Highway is the 2nd best song on the album. Far ahead of Stone, although both songs are great.
Bring 'Em Back Alive (second worst song here)
Ehh, I'd say this one lands somewhere in the middle on this album.
Light My Way/Getaway Car/Last Remaining Light (all of which are adequate but suffer from repeating sounds already present on the album)
I enjoy all three songs. They're not quite up there with the best of the album, so I can't really argue here.

Voting for:
4th of July
Pillow of Your Bones
Set It Off
Exploder
Bring Em Back Alive
Light My Way

Most of these songs are pretty good, but that's the way it goes.

Fell on Black Days
Pillow of Your Bones
I Am The Highway
Exploder
Bring Em Back Alive
Light My Way
Getaway Car

Last edited:
Back