Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stones and Macca doesn't have physical demanding tours like Maiden. Sorry, but I don't see Maiden touring more than 5 to 6 years. I hope I'm wrong.

Well, this is what someone who (allegedly) knows the road crew posted in May ( see comments in https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...-review-liverpool-bruce-dickinson-heavy-metal)

dogoftwohead said:
Speaking with a mate of mine from Maidens road crew recently. The band are very aware that their time is short... they are straight in the studio after this tour for another album and back on the road then 2018 a greatest hits tour and that could be it because Nico (sic) is suffering with his wrists and general fitness, if he goes the bands folds.. no replacement.

Enjoy them while you can..

The bit about the album seems to be, obviously, wrong, but the following comment posted by the same user in the webchat with Bruce on The Guardian leads me to think that he does indeed know people in the road crew and that the bit about enjoying them while we can is advice we should follow. I certainly will!

dogoftwohead said:
My friends Natasha, Charlie and Ash tell what a lovely bunch of blokes you are and how much you care about your crew.. How important is the team to the success of the band and if I can have one more question? How long do you warm up your voice for before you go on?

Well, this is what someone who (allegedly) knows the road crew posted in May ( see comments in https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...-review-liverpool-bruce-dickinson-heavy-metal)

The bit about the album seems to be, obviously, wrong, but the following comment posted by the same user in the webchat with Bruce on The Guardian leads me to think that he does indeed know people in the road crew and that the bit about enjoying them while we can is advice we should follow. I certainly will!

They could be in the studio right now for all we know... British Lion is no longer touring, and Bruce's book tour ended on Nov. 4th.

Back in 2016 I was led to believe they were going back into the studio after they did a five-venue UK tour. That happened slightly differently, of course, but maybe that was the intention at some point. They apparently had material left over from TBOS (not recorded, I assume).

I wonder if those songs ended up getting scrapped once plans changed? I can't see them reusing material that's five years old by the time they'd be recording album #17 (assuming late 2019 as the sadly very possible worst case scenario here).

"
Bruce Dickinson pretended to give away a secret when he hinted that he’d be working on more Iron Maiden and solo music in the future.

The lighthearted moment took place during a question-and-answer session after he’d read a section of his book, What Does This Button Do?, to an audience in London recently.

Flicking through a series of questions written by fans before the show, he stopped at one: “‘Now you’ve written your autobiography, is this it?’” Pausing for a drink, he lifted a plastic knife on the table beside him and appeared to consider it deeply before telling himself, “No, not tonight.” He read on: “‘Is this it? Or are we going to get more solo stuff and more from Maiden?’ It’s not it, and yes, and yes.” After the last statement he looked around and put his hand to his mouth, as if he’d given away a secret"

Bruce announced a bit more of book tour dates at the end of the month. So chances of starting recording the album before new year are almost 0.

And yes, Nicko is at home, doing this.
23658848_1824945534470430_7784239719575776607_n.jpg

And playing this gorgeous new Sonor Vintage series kit with the old 22" 2002 Power Bell Ride from the Blaze Bayley days! (found this on facebook)

23621552_1626333057388573_1103571754995262922_n.jpg

I wonder if Nicko's going to cut down on the smaller toms on the next tour, he seems to prefer smaller kits outside Maiden and it's not like he really uses the two smallest ones all that much anyway. He mentioned considering doing that before the TBoS tour but I guess he changed his mind, but even still the 6" and 8" ones were not used much at all.

He's always been a big Bonham fan, and that Vintage Series kit is a 24" kick with 13/16/18" toms... so almost Bonham sizes. I'd be very surprised if he changed his Maiden setup though; the drums are part of the stage decoration and having that huge wall of deep toms gives a lot of real estate for decoration!

I know, I know. Plus he has a bunch of fills that are easier to do with a large amount of toms. I was strictly speaking about the two smallest ones. He even mentioned that due to the mounting, he can't even reach the 6" one at all unless standing up, so it's totally useless. I'm also not convinced Sonor wants to keep making that size just for Nicko. Combine that with how he just can't twist and turn like a madman anymore and it'd make sense to slightly streamline things here and there.

I know, I know. Plus he has a bunch of fills that are easier to do with a large amount of toms. I was strictly speaking about the two smallest ones. He even mentioned that due to the mounting, he can't even reach the 6" one at all unless standing up, so it's totally useless. I'm also not convinced Sonor wants to keep making that size just for Nicko. Combine that with how he just can't twist and turn like a madman anymore and it'd make sense to slightly streamline things here and there.
If anything, I could see him going back to slightly shallower toms, like on his 7th Son tour "Signature" kit (actually Performer shells with Signature badges). That would allow him to lower the ride so he wouldn't have to strain to reach that sweet spot near the bell, which he rarely does live anymore.

I'm also pretty sure he didn't use the 6/8 during the recording of TFF at all, and for a couple tunes on AMOLAD took them down as well, so that's definitely still a possibility!

Yep. Going back earlier, he also experimented with dropping them on X Factor I believe. He definitely didn't have them on tour based on the videos I've seen.

In a way though I somehow doubt it. It seemed likely after the break between tours and switch to a different company, but then he kept them anyway, so I figure it's somewhat unlikely he'll make changes now.

"
Bruce Dickinson pretended to give away a secret when he hinted that he’d be working on more Iron Maiden and solo music in the future.

The lighthearted moment took place during a question-and-answer session after he’d read a section of his book, What Does This Button Do?, to an audience in London recently.

Flicking through a series of questions written by fans before the show, he stopped at one: “‘Now you’ve written your autobiography, is this it?’” Pausing for a drink, he lifted a plastic knife on the table beside him and appeared to consider it deeply before telling himself, “No, not tonight.” He read on: “‘Is this it? Or are we going to get more solo stuff and more from Maiden?’ It’s not it, and yes, and yes.” After the last statement he looked around and put his hand to his mouth, as if he’d given away a secret"
That makes me even more hopeful for Bruce to finish his solo album. I'm willing to bet it will be some time after the new year and before the LOTB tour starts.

That makes me even more hopeful for Bruce to finish his solo album. I'm willing to bet it will be some time after the new year and before the LOTB tour starts.

Ohhhhhhhh man ! Bruce solo album :eek: It has been so long , from Tyranny of Souls 2005 o_O I really want and can't wait for another Maiden album, but the same is with Bruce - such a legend :cool:

A pure leg at not releasing anything solo in many years!!
i hope maiden are in the studio in france right now as we speak so that they can tour new material next year in the US!!

A pure leg at not releasing anything solo in many years!!
i hope maiden are in the studio in france right now as we speak so that they can tour new material next year in the US!!
They aren't, and they won't tour the us next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back